Editor in Chief
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    142 times

Newest comScore Data: RIM Marketshare Still Being Gobbled by Android and iOS in U.S.

The latest comScore market data has been released, and it still shows Android in a commanding lead as of April, since January. RIM's marketshare is being eroded by Android, and a little bit from iOS. Android's share of the market jumped another 5.2 percentage points to 36.4%, while Apple's OS rose a scant 1.3% to 26%. Both were at the expense of RIM, whose share from January dropped 4.7 points, and is hovering at 25.7%. Microsoft and Palm "bring up the rear", and both also had a small drop since then. Microsoft lost 1.3 points to stop at 6.7%, and Palm dropped a miniscule 0.6 percent to 3.2 of the total market. Hit the source link below for more data. The picture above isn't actually of the comScore data, but it was rather eye-catching.

Source: prnewswire.com - comScore Mobile Subscriber Market Share for April 2011
    Picture Source: BGR

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300
    Liked
    2 times
    Yea, I read the article. I'm just waiting for the tablet to start doing the same thing as people see how nice the Android 3.1, Ice Cream Sandwich ect will be in the future. And did you hear that Apple introduces IOS 5, or should be say Android 1.5 immitation, since it still does not do everything that Android OS will do. But I'm just saying... Projection for this year put the Android Tablet market share at 35% or better, which is not to bad for this babies first steps. The Android Apps will pass IOS apps in August, 2011 or even late july for number of Apps available.

Every thing is looking good to me!

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Honeycomb numbers are small at the moment, of course there are only a few tablets running it and no phones. It'll be interesting to see the numbers a year from now. iOS 5 will have been out for 1/2 a year at least. I Scream Sandwich may also have been released and (hopefully) available on a number of devices. While I think Honeycomb is a better UI on a capable tablet than iOS is, the major players will have to conspire to even imagine catching up with iPad sales. Standardize their dock ports for one. Give accessory makers a single target to shoot at and any advantage the iPad has for accessories "might" diminish slighty. I'd love to see them standardize on body dimensions as well, but know that will never happen.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links