Editor in Chief
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    142 times

Asus Eee Pad Transformer Drops to $299.99 at Best Buy

This is a deal that is hard to ignore. How does an Eee Pad Transformer from Asus for only $100 bucks more than the price of the Amazon Kindle Fire sound? Apparently, in anticipation for the hot demand of the Transformer Prime, Best Buy has dropped the price of its predecessor down to a svelt $300 bucks. Considering this tablet was one of the hottest devices on the market just a couple of months ago, that seems to be an attractive price drop. There's no indication how long this deal will last. Sound off in the forums if you plan on nabbing this great deal.

Source: PhoneArena and BestBuy

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    13 times
    Looks like they sold out!
    I tried Ohio and KY and no stock that I could find (for a friend - I have one)
    TF101 & Dock w/KKLP (KatKiss Lollipop) ROM 5.1.1 v25

Galaxy Note 4
    Cheers Charlie

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    This is a great deal, if you do not want a Transformer Prime quad core tablet. Asus makes a great tablet, dual core or quad core. I myself am going to wait for the quad core Prime for its increased power and speed.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry to double post, as I replied to the other thread but just in case someone still has their hopes up for one:

Just to let everyone know, I was able to order 2 of them about 3am EST tonight. I tried unsuccessfully to order one yesterday around 11am and there was not a single store within 200 miles of me that had one listed as in stock. I got back onto Best Buy.com this evening at work and the deal was still up so I tried it, and low and behold it worked. Of course Best Buy has screwed me before, I am just hoping that this time I got lucky. It will only allow one per order, but I simply paid for one out of my PayPal account and put the other on my Best Buy card. I also had them shipped to my door, so we'll see. If I got them my wife and I are going to be bouncing off the ceiling, two 16gb Transformers for the price of one IPad!! Fingers crossed!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    This is where I ordered from when it became available for online delivery Monday. It says it's available for shipping again today 12/7/2011 ..

says my order is being processed so hopefully it goes through.

Mine shipped today !
    Last edited by todd4300; 12-08-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Bait & Switch kinda

This is a little deceiving. The $299.99 is for a 16GB model that they labelled TF101-X1 and are sold out of everywhere. They have lots of 16GB units labelled TF101-A1 available in stores but they are $399 each. Anyone know what the difference is? Looks like a ploy to get people into the store and interested in the TF and hope to sell them the more expensive model.

Full disclosure: It worked on me today. I'm giving up on my Prime preorder at NewEgg. Never had a tablet and can't wait anymore without a definite ship date!

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    20 times
    I believe x1 was the black friday one. Maybe this is remaining stock they are selling off. I do not know anu difference between this item and the a1 item.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I picked mine up at Future Shop today - Its charging
    It was $299 Cnd - last day.
    Hope it works better than my flytouch 3 which i just sold on Kijiji a few minutes ago.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It smacked of bait&switch. Seemed to be available only Fri-Sat at 2-3 stores in entire the DFW area
    and sold-out very fast. I happened to see availability on Friday morning and rushed to BestBuy. The
    clerk told me there was no such deal, but after I showed him the item online he found it : )

Quote Originally Posted by NCSU View Post
    This is a little deceiving. The $299.99 is for a 16GB model that they labelled TF101-X1 and are sold out of everywhere. They have lots of 16GB units labelled TF101-A1 available in stores but they are $399 each. Anyone know what the difference is? Looks like a ploy to get people into the store and interested in the TF and hope to sell them the more expensive model.

Full disclosure: It worked on me today. I'm giving up on my Prime preorder at NewEgg. Never had a tablet and can't wait anymore without a definite ship date!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i hit the best buy near my house looking for this deal as well. I got the old its at the wharehouse story. allegedly the computer wouldnt let him order it. I grabbed the 32gig instead. so far I am loving it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links