Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times

Orange blinking power light

There are already several threads on this subject. I tried all of the suggestions but I was still having problems. I sent my Transformer Mini in for service as I had an extended warranty from Staples Canada. They used to have a good rep with their extended warranties so I didn't hesitate to get it.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows what 5 blinks of the orange light on the power switch actually means? It looks like a service code. I'm just asking because the warranty company is trying to tell me that "everything is broken and it isn't just the switch." I disputed this because I was able to wrap an elastic around the unit, extract my data and do a factory reset. The story then changed and now parts are not available. I don't believe this and I'm not even sure if the problem is hardware.

I feel like I may be being scammed. I'm being offered a Staples gift card for much less than the computer is worth. They will then probably fix the switch and sell it as a refurb. It is in like new condition.

If anyone knows what that code means, I'd appreciate it. I'm thinking about demanding that they return the device to me. I have seen parts availabe online so I really think that they can make more money by "writing it off." I CAN do repairs on these types of devices. I just don't like to, especially when I'm supposed to have warranty coverage.

Has anyone ever had this turn out to be anything else than the switch? Thanks!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Please select one
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I just heard back from Staples. They came back with a much more reasonable settlement offer and I'm going to take it. They won't even try to fix it because they're too scared to heat it up and open it. I told the guy that he shouldn't BS people because you don't know who you're talking to.

But, I'd still like to know if that is a service code and what it means if anyone knows. Thanks.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattz View Post
    Ok, I just heard back from Staples. They came back with a much more reasonable settlement offer and I'm going to take it. They won't even try to fix it because they're too scared to heat it up and open it. I told the guy that he shouldn't BS people because you don't know who you're talking to.

But, I'd still like to know if that is a service code and what it means if anyone knows. Thanks.
    We're terribly sorry about this happening with your unit. This issue that you are experiencing could be one of two things. It could be that the motherboard of the device is bad or it could also mean that you are having a battery issue. If all troubleshooting steps are exhausted the only option we could advised is to have the unit sent in.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links