Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times

Strange sound problems

Hi together,

I`m new to the forum and seeking for some help with my audio problems on the t102ha

Since the fall creators update i got a strange behaviour: e.g. the sound volume is set to 20. After a while the volume increases and is getting very loud, though the volume settings in Windows 10 are still on 20.

I tried everything, Updated the driver, uninstalled the driver, Disabled Audio enhancements, rolled back to the previous driver version, etc. but still got that nasty issue

Has anybody the same problem ?

Greetings

Stefan
    Last edited by blackargon; 01-27-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blackargon View Post
    Hi together,

I`m new to the forum and seeking for some help with my audio problems on the t102ha

Since the fall creators update i got a strange behaviour: e.g. the sound volume is set to 20. After a while the volume increases and is getting very loud, though the volume settings in Windows 10 are still on 20.

I tried everything, Updated the driver, uninstalled the driver, Disabled Audio enhancements, rolled back to the previous driver version, etc. but still got that nasty issue

Has anybody the same problem ?

Greetings

Stefan
    Hi blackargon, allow us to apologize for the troubles. Please save, extract then run the setup application inside this file:

1. Chipset Version V108 - http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...778.1509468299
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, and thank you for the quick response!

Unfortunately the installation of the Chipset Drivers didn't solve the Problem.

The sound still levels up after 30 seconds without touching any of the windows settings.
    Any other propositions?

Greetings

Stefan

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi! I am having the same problem. The sound level reverts to default 67% which is standard for freshly installed driver. I.e. the system re-initializes the driver in cycle of time for some reason. This is really frustrating, I have also tried all possible solutions. Now I am going to try SFC and DISM commands but am almost sure it won't help. What is even more strange is that there are only two of us. Aren't other people having same issue with this model or they just don't notice it?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    In the meantime i reset the system to factory settings - everything worked fine again. Just yesterday i installed windows update KB4089848 manually (automatic update didn't list it on the T102HA) - Same problem again. After i uninstalled the update, everything worked just fine.

I assume that the manual installation of windows updates is responsible for the error. It occoured first after installing the fall creators update not over the windows 10 automatic update and yesterday again.

Let me know if you find any other solutions

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    When you reset the system to factory settings - what version of OS you got after that - same as it was on newly bought item or the fresh fall creators update (version 1709) ?

P.S. I allow the system to install all updates automatically, but having this sound problem anyway..
    Last edited by sunshower; 03-31-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    If you take the reset option under "Settings\Recovery" you will get a fresh installation of Windows 10 1709 (inculding fall creators update).

In a few day's ver.1803 will be available - i'll keep you updated if the problem occours again after the Update

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Microsoft was going to rollout on April 10, but found a blocking bug over the weekend that was bad enough to hold the release. Not sure if bug was fixed in 17133.73 or if it'll come in another patch. RS4 will likely begin rollout in a couple weeks now.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    Microsoft was going to rollout on April 10, but found a blocking bug over the weekend that was bad enough to hold the release. Not sure if bug was fixed in 17133.73 or if it'll come in another patch. RS4 will likely begin rollout in a couple weeks now.

Hello blackargon. Hello sunshower. Apologizes for the delay in response. I see where factory resets were done and unfortunately, the issue reoccurred. We do believe this issue links strongly to the OS but seeing a reset was done and no positive results, we would recommend servicing. However, Microsoft is set to release an update for windows 10. Hopefully this update could be the resolve to this issue. Once again, we apologize for this issue.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    We do believe this issue links strongly to the OS but seeing a reset was done and no positive results, we would recommend servicing.
    Thanks for trying to help, Asus_USA. However, what is the point recommending servicing if you believe it's an OS update issue? Just get a test t102ha unit with all Windows updates installed to date and check if it's able to keep the set volume level during the day. And if it isn't, then it's Asus' obligation, with or without cooperation with Microsoft, to come up with solution, because the product fails at its very important feature such as sound. Otherwise I would consider my unit broken by vendors and want my money back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links