Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    Thanks for trying to help, Asus_USA. However, what is the point recommending servicing if you believe it's an OS update issue? Just get a test t102ha unit with all Windows updates installed to date and check if it's able to keep the set volume level during the day. And if it isn't, then it's Asus' obligation, with or without cooperation with Microsoft, to come up with solution, because the product fails at its very important feature such as sound. Otherwise I would consider my unit broken by vendors and want my money back.
    Thank you for providing us with an update and we do understand. At this time we have no confirmation that this issue is indeed one that is known for this device. Please try the following steps and let us know the outcome:

1. Turn off the computer.
    2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
    3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
    4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
    5. Press and hold down the Power button for about 45 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
    6. Plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
    7. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
    8. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally , and then press the Enter key.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    5. Press and hold down the Power button for about 45 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.
    This step makes t102ha start to boot into windows.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    This step makes t102ha start to boot into windows.
    Yes while holding the power button the device will power on. Upon releasing the power button after the specified time, it will then turn off.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Done this. The issue persists.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    After the April Windows 10 Update the issue is gone for my t102ha.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    After the April Windows 10 Update the issue is gone for my t102ha.
    Thank god ... hope the Problem won't come back with the next kumulative Updates rolling out😜

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Thanks for trying to help, Asus_USA. However, what is the point recommending servicing if you believe it's an OS update issue? Just get a test t102ha unit with all Windows updates installed to date and check if it's able to keep the set volume level during the day. And if it isn't, then it's Asus' obligation, with or without cooperation with Microsoft, to come up with solution, because the product fails at its very important feature such as sound. Otherwise I would consider my unit broken by vendors and want my money back.
    Hello sunshower, thank you for responding. We did have our assumptions that this would be an OS issue, but a reset was done and no resolve. Hence, we would have to turn our attention to having repairs done. As it relates to the update, there is no guarantee it will eradicate this issue.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    I had exactly the same sound issue - 30% was defined and has worked well and after approx. 30 seconds 30% was displayed by volume control but the volume was fully increased to 100%. The removing of the Intel SST and the Realtek I2S devices via device manager, installing the drivers again and disabling hardware accelaration and/or sound enhancements were not a workaround in this situation. The explained sound issue happened on my T102HA with the April Update (1803) including the comulative update KB 4100403 from May 23rd. With 1709 I had no problems and also not with 1803 till the KB 4100403 update was installed.

Since the end of May I've tried to make several recovery installations via the Windows 10 integrated recovery system. Everything worked well till the above mentioned update was installed automatically. Last Friday I've done a clean installation of Windows 10 1803 via a bootable USB stick, installed the newest ATK, chipset, display, touchpad, keyboard lock, bluetooth and wireless packages from the ASUS support page, applied all windows updates (including the above mentioned) and now all works fine.

Update 6/6/18: I have to revise my explanations above... After a couple of days of using the new installed system the sound problems came back. I can set the sound volume to a value less than 100 percent and after some seconds of not using the system the sound increases automatically to maximum volume. I do believe this is an issue of the current OS version (with the updates from May) together with the old drivers of the Intel SST device (from 2016) or the 2017's drivers of the Realtek I2S device that prevents the sound system from working well. I have currently no ideas how I can make changes on the OS or the driver settings so that the T102HA's sound system is working in that way how it should have to work or how it has worked in the past.

Update 6/8/18: I've developed a small application that periodically decreases the volume by 2% and increases it back to the current defined master volume level. I'm starting this app via autostart and this solution is working for me very well. My T102HA is now using constantly the via the volume control defined master volume.
    Last edited by wasi1971; 06-08-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    This issue is connected with Windows updates. Playing with uninstalling/reinstalling them sometimes fixes volume. Until next update though... Is anybody out there able to explain it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links