Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times

BitLocker issue; trying to factory reset

Hello.
    I bought a t102h about a year ago off of eBay. No major issues until Friday when I got a “bitlocker recovery” screen before I hopped on the treadmill. When I got the tablet, I wasn’t given an option to save the bitlocker anywhere online and didn’t know I should save it. So I tried going through Microsoft to simply recover the bitlocker key. No dice.

I didn’t have much on the laptop so figured I’d just factory reset. But that is starting to seem impossible. I got a bootable Windows 10 usb drive made from a different laptop. So what do I do from this point? When I try the boot from usb option, it just sits there on a “Loading file” screen and nothing happens.

Just want to get it going again.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    I think it’s completely messed up you can’t EASILY reboot from scratch ... this bitlocker thing is a mess

I’ve tried all of the options after “skip” message for the bitlocker recovery. I can’t seem to get anywhere. The option to restore and delete everything is there; but it doesn’t do squat

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    I think it’s completely messed up you can’t EASILY reboot from scratch ... this bitlocker thing is a mess

I’ve tried all of the options after “skip” message for the bitlocker recovery. I can’t seem to get anywhere. The option to restore and delete everything is there; but it doesn’t do squat
    Hi Blackbeard, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. During the reset do you see an option that states "skip this drive"? Additionally, you will have to create a Windows 10 drive that is UEFI compliant and for GPT partition to be able to boot from it to perform the reinstallation.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times

Same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi Blackbeard, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. During the reset do you see an option that states "skip this drive"? Additionally, you will have to create a Windows 10 drive that is UEFI compliant and for GPT partition to be able to boot from it to perform the reinstallation.
    Hi,

I allow to add some additional comments here. I have bit locker enabled on on my T102HA model. It used to work well. But suddenly, the system is requesting for the bit locker recovery key, which I provided. But nothing to do, troubleshooting doesn't work, system restore (based on Windows Restore Point) doesn't solve the issue, the startup-repair doesn't solve the issue... only the reset of the machine is possible... this means to reinstall and reconfigure all apps and the system after... quite intense at every startup.

I didn't perform any change on the system so I don't understand why the bit locker is starting in Recovery Mode. Do you have any idea why this is happening and how it can be troubleshooted ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by sfardel; 04-13-2018 at 08:14 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    New update, I was finally able to start the SAFE Mode via the Bitlocker Recovery menu. In the event viewer, I'm getting the following error message:

"Bootmgr failed to obtain the BitLocker volume master key from the TPM because the PCRs did not match" Event ID 521

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sfardel View Post
    New update, I was finally able to start the SAFE Mode via the Bitlocker Recovery menu. In the event viewer, I'm getting the following error message:

"Bootmgr failed to obtain the BitLocker volume master key from the TPM because the PCRs did not match" Event ID 521
    Hi sfardel, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Are you able to boot normally?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi sfardel, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Are you able to boot normally?
    Hi, no, it still doesn't work.

I suspended the Bit Locker, updated the Firmware, but still, the Bit Locker Recovery mode is popping-up.

Any ideas on how I could progress solving this issue ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300L
    Liked
    0 times
    I had a bitlocker bluescreen come up. I did not install Bitlocker, but I followed the instruction and got my 48 digit recovery key via another device.

The key did not unlock Bitlocker, the laptop simply, without prompt started a diagnostic, the conclusion of which was "unable to fix the problem"

Every option I have tried has not worked, I have put in te recovery key it doesnt work, I have "skipped drive" nothing, I tried to restore to factory setting but keeping my files "unable to perform due to drive being locked" advised me to unlock although I cant get into my comp. to unlock, I also tried to restore to factory settings, all via the troubleshooting option, this time it simply said "unable to reset"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links