Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times

What parts do i need for my broken unit?

Hello everyone,

Yesterday my 2 in-1 asus transaformer mini t102ha fell on the floor and the bottom right of it cracked. I wanna make sure what parts do i need to order b4 i order them.

20171102_110703.jpg

As you can see in the picture, most of the damage is at the bottom right. the screen image seems unaffected, the touch screen still works in the right 2/3 of the screen but the left 1/3 goes crazy with inputs all the time.

There is also a big scratch in the left part(where the touch screen goes crazy) and a small crack in the bottom left.

I figured i probably need and LCD+digitizer but want to make sure before i order, maybe i only need the digitizer.

Also, do you think this is something i can do with a youtube video guide if i have no previous experience or should i take it to the repair shop?(they said that if i bring the part they take no responsibility if the device doesn't work at all after the job and i will still be charged).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    As for your question, I have nothing. But ouch, that hurts ..

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    tell me about it... no store in my country even have the screen or digitizer. even after i order i have to wait a minimum of a month untill i can even get it fixed...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nadavm390 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Yesterday my 2 in-1 asus transaformer mini t102ha fell on the floor and the bottom right of it cracked. I wanna make sure what parts do i need to order b4 i order them.

20171102_110703.jpg

As you can see in the picture, most of the damage is at the bottom right. the screen image seems unaffected, the touch screen still works in the right 2/3 of the screen but the left 1/3 goes crazy with inputs all the time.

There is also a big scratch in the left part(where the touch screen goes crazy) and a small crack in the bottom left.

I figured i probably need and LCD+digitizer but want to make sure before i order, maybe i only need the digitizer.

Also, do you think this is something i can do with a youtube video guide if i have no previous experience or should i take it to the repair shop?(they said that if i bring the part they take no responsibility if the device doesn't work at all after the job and i will still be charged).
    Read your warranty. Mine had accident protection. Check it they repaired mine no cost

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Alot of times the whole digitizer is bonded all the way across the screen. I have run into to this on Kindles with shattered screens. Using a heat gun sometimes ruins the screen, creates weird spots, because it's hard to regulate heat across the whole thing. IF, I say IF it was mine, I would replace them both as one unit. IF the cost of the screen is alot, + labor, you might consider replacing the whole unit. But then you might be better off upgrading to a newer more powerful unit. If so, make sure the newer unit has neon technology. Oh the choices lol. Hope this helps.

Asus T102HA-C4-GR 10.1" Touch Laptop Intel 1.44GHz 4GB 64GB 2-in-1 with pen
    Price:
    US $259.99
    Buy It Now
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-T102HA...m4383.l4275.c1

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links