Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times

What does 'closing the lid' actually do on T102HA ?

On typical notebook, you have action 'closing the lid' which is typically set to sleep function, and it can be changed. I usually want change it to 'do nothing', and I'm used to turning the notebook of using power button or sleep keyboard shortcut, and sometimes I want to leave it on with closed screen.
    Clearly T102HA doesn't really have 'lid', but closing connected keyboard kinda works the same. But it does not use 'close lid' action. When I close the keyboard, T102HA makes sounds related to 'device disconnect', and screen turns off. No matter what I set 'close lid' action to. It also locks the screen.
    It clearly is not 'close lid' action. I don't even know if the device is asleep, or if just the screen is turned off, as T102HA doesn't have any LED signaling this.

Any idea what state is the device in when I close the keyboard ? Any idea how to customize this ?
    Last edited by Dr.Sid; 10-27-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Digging deeper .. and I'm more confused then before.

I play youtube video to check if the T102HA goes to sleep or just turns the screen off .. and it's weird.

First .. power button (on top of the tablet) and sleep button (Fn+f1 on keyboard) both work as expected. Their actions can be changed in advanced power options.

Now if I set 'close lid' action to 'shutdown' .. closing the keyboard does actually shut the tablet down.
    If I set 'close lid' action to 'sleep' .. it turns off the screen, plays the 'device disconnect' sounds .. but the video keeps playing, ie. the device is not asleep.
    Same when I set the action to 'do nothing' .. well ok, that's what I wanted it to do in the first place.

But then .. when I open the keyboard, use sleep button or power button to put the device asleep .. it does so, music clearly stops playing .. but when I close keyboard, it does the 'device disconnect' sound anyway !

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    My setting on lid close is to hibernate, and t102ha is hibernating when I "close" it to the keyboard. It's definitely hibernation, I also hear "device disconnected" sound, but after I turn it on after some time, it boots significantly longer than from sleep (with ASUS logo and spinning dots), and my opened applications stays opened.
    Last edited by zoltan; 10-30-2017 at 07:20 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for response. Now I think it actually does work just as expected. With the exception it somehow makes the 'disconnect sound' even when the device is already asleep. But I can live with that.
    I the end I use 'sleep' for the close lid action. There is no good indication the device is not asleep with the closed lid, which means I sometimes forget to turn it off, and I waste whole my battery. And with device like this I only rarely need to have it on without actually working on it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links