Thread: Fall Creators Update

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    6 times

Fall Creators Update

I've installed the Fall Creators Update and although it takes forever to get installed, it seems to be running fine on The T102HA. The only issue I've really run into is that I have to do the fingerprint sensor twice to log onto Windows. Anyone else have this issue?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    No problems with fingerprint sensor at all in my case.

I have another problem after installing Fall Creators Update, with automatic switching to tablet mode after keyboard undock. Keyboard is working properly, but there's no question "Do you want to switch to tablet mode" after docking/undocking, although I have the option in Windows settings set to "Always ask before switching".

OP, do you have such problems? I've described it here: Problems with automatic undock (Windows Continuum) after Fall Creators Update

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    No problems here with finger printer reader that I've noticed. I am having, I hesitate to call it an issue, but when I click on the URL bar in Edge or in the reply box on a forum to type something the on screen keyboard keeps coming up, even with the keyboard installed and recognized.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    SteelSteve: Try to apply this solution: Problems with automatic undock (Windows Continuum) after Fall Creators Update

Just uninstall ASUS Keyboard Lock and reboot Windows. I had the same problems with keyboard and with automatic switch to tablet mode after dock/undock. This solution fixed both of them.
    janner43 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmmm... I have twice run the Windows 10 Feature update 1709. It takes hours and reboots to restore the previous version. I have the latest BIOS installed having received the T102HA Sunday and updated the BIOS first. ANy fix?

MaverickNH

{edit} Well maybe it didn't have enough room - I see my 64GB HD has only 6GB free after the failed install. Fortunately Disk Cleanup can take ~30gB back off.
    Last edited by MaverickNH; 10-31-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    @MaverickNH: yep, probably previous installation of Creators Update reserved so much space for restore files.

You've said that you have the latest bios, it's version 303? Could you please check if you have issues with Office Mobile apps, as described here: Office Mobile apps need Office 365 subscription after BIOS update to 303?

Thank you in advance.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    I found this thread while researching problems with my T102HA's fingerprint reader after upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709).

Prior to the upgrade (which did take several hours) the fingerprint reader had been working albeit taking 2 touches most of the time.

After the upgrade the fingerprint reader worked UNTIL the system went into standby. When the system came out of standby not only did the fingerprint reader not work, the Biometric device (fingerprint reader) was GONE from Device Manager.

A reboot would get the fingerprint reader back in the Device Manager and it would work until another standby event.

Looking at the Control Panel / Programs and Features showed an entry for "ELAN FingerPrinter" installed on the date that I upgraded to 1709.

I went back to Device Manager and opened Biometric devices / ELAN WBF Fingerprint Sensor. I right clicked on it, selected Update driver. Windows found a new driver on the internet and updated. The new driver is 1.5.8.2105.

Now the fingerprint reader persists across standby events and it recognizes my fingerprint the first time every time.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links