Thread: Power up and blinking orange light problem

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times

Power up and blinking orange light problem

I have a Transformer T102HA Mini that won't power up. I've tried all the suggestions in the forums (holding the power button down for a certain period of time, holding the power button and volume button down at the same time, and holding the power button down with the windows button pressed on the keyboard). I've also tried all of these with and without the keyboard attached, but nothing has worked. When I hold down the power button, the power LED light blinks orange about 5 seconds (quickly) and then blinks slower for about 30, then the blinking stops. At one point while I was doing this the tablet started to power up and the ASUS logo appeared, but as soon as I let go of the power button the screen went blank again. This happened twice. I've had this tablet since December and only had this happen one other time, but was able to finally get it to boot after holding down the power. The computer has been behaving perfectly fine since then. Thinking that the orange blinking light that comes on when I press the power button meant that it needed to be charged (even though I charged it recently), I've tried charging it, but the orange light just blinks. I kept it on the charger overnight it hopes that it would turn a solid orange at least, but it's now been 24 hours and it still does all the behavior described above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    895 times
    Have you tried to trickle charge it, by plugging into a PC (don't let it sleep!) via USB for several hours, and seeing if it gets it started? If it helps, you can then finish the charge with the wall wart. Let us know! BTW - welcome to the forum.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (from an S4); Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for getting back to me. I'm trying the trickle charge now, but it doesn't seem to be charging. The orange light is still blinking. I'm using the USB cable that came with the charger. Does that matter?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorlovr View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me. I'm trying the trickle charge now, but it doesn't seem to be charging. The orange light is still blinking. I'm using the USB cable that came with the charger. Does that matter?
    It won't show that it is charging.

This from our T100 charging & battery FAQ - did you look at it?

Device refuses to charge (or power on) when connected to the a/c charger.
    Using the charging cable, connect to a powered on (& not sleeping) PC USB port, or a low power phone charger (5v/500ma)
    Leave the device connected for a minimum of 8 hours. Longer won't be any problem.
    Reconnect the device to the a/c charger and try again
    If that process fails, try replacing either the charger and/or charging cable

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried what you recommended and unfortunately it didn't work. I'm fairly certain that it's not my charger or charging cable because I've tried two different charging cables. Do you or anyone else have any other ideas on what I can do? Prior to this it was working fine, but I did notice that recently (before it started having this issue) the battery icon was not showing in the task bar unless I went in and specifically selected it.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2821 times
    It's possible you have a Windows issue, but I doubt that's the whole story. Given the age of your device, why don't you just return it under warranty. That process varies depending on which country you are in. In the UK/EU return to your retailer. In the USA contact Asus by phone. Elsewhere... don't know, but the Asus website will tell you.
    sculptedstylus likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I have exactly the same issue... Could you fix it?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by raptorlovr View Post
    I tried what you recommended and unfortunately it didn't work. I'm fairly certain that it's not my charger or charging cable because I've tried two different charging cables. Do you or anyone else have any other ideas on what I can do? Prior to this it was working fine, but I did notice that recently (before it started having this issue) the battery icon was not showing in the task bar unless I went in and specifically selected it.
    Hi raptorlovr, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Send us an email to socialsupportus@asus.com with reference to Case#: N1710114302
    janner43 likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    146 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ragin View Post
    Hi, I have exactly the same issue... Could you fix it?
    Hi ragin, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused. Send us an email to socialsupportus@asus.com with reference to Case#: N1710114362
    janner43 likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links