Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wintenblows

Thread: Clean Window 10 pro install not possible.Wifi disabled, drivers installed.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times

Clean Window 10 pro install not possible.Wifi disabled, drivers installed.

I just bought this Tablet in hopes of putting Windows 8.1 pro on it. The first thing i did was booted up systemrescuecd and made a bit by bit image of the entire mmcblk0 (in my case the 64gb emmc) Also backed up mmcblk0boot0 and mmcblk0boot1 just in case.

Now on to the problems.

Right off the bat, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 default into portrait mode. Ok no big deal. Go into display settings, change to landscape, apply, ok. Restart and reverts back to portait. This is very annoying.

Second issue, Wifi disabled, drivers are loaded but when going into network adapters and enabling, still says disabled. OK at first i think maybe the windows wifi drivers are not correct drivers so i put the ASUS WLAN drivers on thumb drive and copy them over, extract them and run setup, install and restart. Wifi still disabled. This is same issue with both windows 8.1 and windows 10.

The third issue, touchscreen does not work on either windows 8.1 or windows 10. I did not see a specific touchscreen driver on ASUS support site so i installed every driver they have for this Tablet and still touchscreen not working.

So basicly, no Wifi so no way to even do a windows update in hopes of getting anything to work on a Fresh clean install of ANY OS it seems.

/Rant
    Last edited by wintenblows; 05-29-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    I dug up an old usb wifi adapter and a usb wired adapter. Will try installing windows 8.1 again and see if i can get connected to windows update to install optional updates (in hopes of getting these devices working)

If anyone knows of a solution or even just some other ideas that might work i would appreciate it.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome

1. Is this a brand new machine?
    2. If so, did all the hardware work out of the box?

If the answer to both 1&2 is yes, then the issue is either...
    3. Your method, or
    4. Asus have installed hardware that is only compatible with W10 and the specific installation they ship it with.

If the answer to 1. is no, then my guess is you have faulty hardware

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes it is brand new machine. And everything worked right out of the box. So answer is 1&2.

Now i tried both windows 8.1 and windows 10 both 64 bit from USB media creation method and also from using Rufus to create USB thumbdrive from dvd ISO images. Both methods and both OS's produce the same results where touchscreen does not work and always in portrait mode and wifi disabled. Hopefully if i have time today i will try a reinstall and plug in one of these old wifi/wired usb adapters in hopes of connecting to the net to run windows update.

If none of this works, it means the Windows 10 Home edition on this Tablet is not your run of the mill OEM version.

Again, if i am missing something, please share your thoughts.

Please note: I had plans to even get linux running on this, in which i expected to run into issues with getting devices working, but i did not expect this with the OS that this tablet is meant to run and i certainly thought windows 8.1 would have no issues with devices either, boy was i wrong.
    Last edited by wintenblows; 05-30-2017 at 06:19 AM.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    I'm sorry, but my knowledge of Windows is ancient now - haven't used it in years
    Seems strange to me that you cannot get these basic areas to work - seems likely it is driver based, but then again there might be some particular setting/s required within Windows itself. Or the Pro version isn't compatible...

You'll need to wait for someone else than me to offer more help.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Amazing, Lubuntu 17.04 works right out the box. WiFi, Touchscreen. I havent got sound to work just yet though. Also had to rotate the screen right and reverse the x and y axis for the touchscreen but its working much better then it was in windows.
    janner43 likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Now you know why I don't use Windows... it's not very good...

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    When you say that you are using driver's what are they? Asis has their own 'special sauce's driver called the ATK package as well as a chipswt driver that usually fixes everything you are having a problem with.

I would install every driver under the windows 10 section of the official driver page for your device starting with the two I mentioned above.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok so here is what i have figured out so far. The new Windows 10 1703 build works once you complete a windows update. Out of the box only the WiFi works, but this allows you to atleast use the keyboard/pad to navigate into windows update. Once all the updates are complete everything works from what i can tell so far.

Also, Ubuntu 17.04 works but to get sound you need to update the kernel to at least 4.11.3. Some of the buttons are not working, like the volume buttons and probably some other functions on the keyboard.

Getting back to Windows, at least Windows 8.1 i still need to get around to reinstalling and using a usb wifi/wired adapter that i have to see if windows update will get everything working like it did in the new windows 10 build.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok, I finally got around to reinstalling Windows 8.1 and had to connect a wired usb lan adapter to connect to windows update. After taking every update still no touchscreen, sound, Wifi, and screen always defaults back to portrait after every reboot. This is also with every ASUS driver installed, including that ATK package.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links