Thread: First few hours with the T102ha

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times

First few hours with the T102ha

Received my shinny new T102HA this afternoon. It wouldn't power on initially until I plugged it in even though the battery indicated it was at 50%, however since fully charging it I have yet to have another issue. The first things I did was to update the BIOS, Windows, and device drivers. Coming from a Surface 2 I was a little concerned about the screen and was a lot concerned about the Atom processor. So far I am not disappointed with either. I will say this is a nice update from the Surface 2. I am having to adjust to the smaller keyboard, and the track pad is touchy but all in all everything seems to be working fine. I thought I'd have more use for the pen, but so far I use it more as stylus and less like a pen. Are there recommended apps for note taking / writing or is everyone using the Onenote app? I have seen a few threads about the screen cracking for no reason, and that its not scratch resistant glass so I've ordered a tempered glass screen protector. I'm hoping it will not interfere with the pen, and will add some needed strength to devices glass.
    bdball likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    6 times
    Welcome aboard! I'm glad you see this as a step up from the Surface 2 as well. As you mentioned, after the first couple weeks I haven't even used the pen. The only issue I've had is that I use to just hibernate the machine and this eventually seemed to cause problems. I had to run some disk maintenance tasks to clean up errors and since then I just turn the device off after using. Really, the boot up time isn't that bad and I don't want to deal with the problems that hibernation seems to cause. Haven't put any screen protector on. I carry it in a lined zipper case when going out and about. I also just use the OneNote app for notes as well as simplenote, but simplenote is not for pen use. The thing I like about simplenote is that is also syncs across all devices you use. I have it's app on the Asus, my iPhone and iPad, Windows work computer, as well as being able to use it's web interface on my Surface 2.
    SteelSteve likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    So I put the glass screen protector on today. I had a little difficulty but that was more my in ability to install screen protectors and no fault of the protector itself. I can tell anyone who is interested that it seems to have no issues working with the Asus pen. Make me feel better, as I always felt the pen would scratch the screen.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links