Thread: browsing on this is asking for a death wish

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times

browsing on this is asking for a death wish

anyone have issues using Chrome or Edge on this unit? they both just freeze up and lock up so often. my smart phone handles this much better. i havent reformatted or anything, just been using it stock out of the box. no viruses or anything of the like.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    6 times
    I use Edge and Opera browsers and have not had any freeze ups. Edge has issues but those are Edge issues and not the devices. This could have more to do with your wireless router. I had to change the channel of my home router because there was too much interference with other routers nearby. I noticed a great improvement when I did that. There is an app in the Windows App Store called WiFi Analyzer that I used to discover the interference.
    janner43 likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    doubt its my router. everything else is fine in my house. im literally talking it stalls out, even scrolling is bad. edge is a little better however.

considering doing a reinstall of everything to rule out anything else.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    I've noticed the same thing with Chrome. My suspicion is that it is Chrome's vast ability to gobble up memory that is the problem. It will just freeze for 30 seconds to a minute. Then the taps on the screen made while frozen will start to appear. It's kind of a mess. I knew the machine would be slow but not sticky.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had my device for about 2 weeks, and am also experiencing this. Only programs I've installed since new are google chrome browser and garmin basecamp. Freezes in chrome and edge browsers. Happens in multiple wifi networks so that eliminates that suggestion... Anyone have a fix?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Is it just web browsing you think is slow or freezes? If so like others have said give Opera a try. One thing to keep in mind however is after you install it go into the setting and enable ad blocking as this seems to be what slows down web browsing the most.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    See my post here:

USB Recovery Tool fails to complete on T102HA

that's why I just did a complete re-install, it's not a router issue - like you all the other devices in my house work/browse perfectly fine. I was experiencing weird lagginess/stalling through the Asus updater, through the Windows Store, and within all browsers - anywhere that involved downloading anything - although oddly Windows update seemed to work fine. Not sure which crappy bloatware was causing the issue, but a clean Windows 10 install made the laptop noticeably faster and no more lag/freeze issues so...I also applied all the drivers after and updated the bios prior to reinstalling the OS. I also had to create a thumb drive using the media kit from MS in order to reinstall because the Recover to USB tool would not work, just would never complete erroring out - so you might run into that, but otherwise everything worked and performance is not too bad now. Was not expecting a speed demon here for the price/processor, but I think the issues you're seeing are the same as mine.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Just upgraded to Windows 10 version 1607 OS build 14393.726 on the slow ring Insider preview, and not only does Edge seem to perform much better, but the mad antics of the cursor seem to have stopped as well...:-)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordonbp View Post
    Just upgraded to Windows 10 version 1607 OS build 14393.726 on the slow ring Insider preview, and not only does Edge seem to perform much better, but the mad antics of the cursor seem to have stopped as well...:-)
    Please explain how and where you downloaded this upgrade?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    You need to join the Windows Insider Program, then set your computer to download Insider Preview updates in Settings>Update and Security>Windows Insider.
    I use the Slow ring as it's much safer than the Fast, though possibly not quite as exciting!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links