Like Tree1Likes

Thread: browsing on this is asking for a death wish

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you Gordon, will try this and see if it makes a difference.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    After downloading all the windows insider updates, device is worse now than before. I don't have to be browsing anymore for it to freeze up. Regretting this purchase, this device sucks.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    heliguy:: I was disappointed by the speed at first myself. What I ended up doing was creating an install / recovery USB through Windows 10. Re-installed Windows, disabling Cortana and unneeded Microsoft services. I then install Opra web browser and in its settings told it to block ads. I allowed Windows to install all its updates / patches and so far my machine is running pretty well. I have since installed the ASUS drivers for CPU, and Finger print scanner just to test as well as the new ASUS BIOS for our machines. I have installed Full Office 2007, quicken, and several other apps and so far no real slow down or lag like I was seeing originally. I believe between things ASUS may have running in the background, and Cortana must of the system resources are taken. This seems to have worked for several people and posted also on the Microsoft reviews page for this device.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSteve View Post
    heliguy:: I was disappointed by the speed at first myself. What I ended up doing was creating an install / recovery USB through Windows 10. Re-installed Windows, disabling Cortana and unneeded Microsoft services. I then install Opra web browser and in its settings told it to block ads. I allowed Windows to install all its updates / patches and so far my machine is running pretty well. I have since installed the ASUS drivers for CPU, and Finger print scanner just to test as well as the new ASUS BIOS for our machines. I have installed Full Office 2007, quicken, and several other apps and so far no real slow down or lag like I was seeing originally. I believe between things ASUS may have running in the background, and Cortana must of the system resources are taken. This seems to have worked for several people and posted also on the Microsoft reviews page for this device.
    Thanks for the reply, seems like a lot of work to get a new out of the box device to run half decently. Should have done more research on this before purchasing, although all the reviews I read and heard were good ones. I'll try what you mentioned above. Where did you download the asus bios?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    Go to Asus web site / support / put your device info in / select drivers / Windows 10 / bios. You also need the BIOS until (same area)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree that these steps shouldn't be needed on a brand new device, however I think the issue is both Microsoft and Asus trying to show off all their capabilities and the fact that this little device can run them that they just over extend the resources this device has.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok so I downloaded the bios and bios util from asus website. Is there another step I'm missing...? After downloading the bios they are just files sitting in the downloaded folder. Am I supposed to insert them anywhere?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't remember if I actually needed the bios utility or not. I would recommend (if your comfortable) plugging the computer in to power as you shouldn't do any bios updates on battery. Then try double clicking the bios file. If it doesn't do any thing or just unzips a file on your hard drive, then run the bios utility and point it to that file. Again though, only do this if your comfortable doing such. You could try doing a YouTube search to see if someone documented the procedure.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Alright guys, after successfully updating bios, signing up for the windows insider program, I am still having big issues with freezing. Pretty consistently once every half hour, no matter what I'm doing, browsing, watching a movie, etc. Unfortunately I bought this device from a Visa rewards thing... so I cant just return it to a store. I've contacted them about a exchange though... this device must be defective. Any other suggestions until then?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    0 times
    That actually does sound like it might be defective. I did what you did and everything is running smooth now, I'm on the fast channel insider program, although I think I ran the slow channel for a while too and didn't notice any performance issues. I have analyzed my wireless and it does seem a little weak, but mine is working ok not super slow or anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links