Thread: New T102HA Owner

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    6 times

New T102HA Owner

I received a T102HA for Christmas. This was to replace my aging Microsoft Surface 2 tablet. So far I have been very impressed with this little guy. I like the fact that it is slightly smaller then what the Surface 2 is. I can use it easier as just a tablet then I could with the Surface when that is needed. The only funky thing I have found with it is the trackpad at times will move things around in ways that I wasn't expecting but other then that I have found it to be just what I was hoping for. Of course this isn't going to be a main computer type product but it is a wonderful secondary device.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    getting odd trackpad issues too. thought i was going crazy at first.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    6 times
    I'm new to Asus products. Are they good about selling the keyboard separately in case one day I need a new one? Overall this tablet has exceeded my expectations.
    NexusFantismo likes this.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    im gonna sound like a huge fanboy but i only buy asus computers. the biggest thing why i stick with them is because of build quality. i (still) have the original eee pc 701 4g with ssd connector soldered (from factory - these particular models are on the rare side as future revisions did not have this connector soldered) and even though its made out of plastic, its still together with no damage, discoloration, etc. i had the 900ha, the nexus 7 (2012), the t100ta, and now the t102. also use an asus rt-n56u with custom firmware from padavan.

have had 1 issue with t100ta and that was faulty battery. but they repaired it hassle free for me.

as for your question, i have never been in a situation where i would need a new keyboard in case the original broke. you could check on ebay or amazon to see if they sell spares just in case. just make sure its compatible with your unit first before buying.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times
    I recently purchased my T102HA at the Microsoft Store. I really like it. Great build quality, bright screen and meets all of my needs. I have a podcast and blog and this little guy has no problem running the programs I use. No problem watching HD videos online or in Kodi. As far as gaming goes, I recently played Hitman GO and Bejeweled without any problems. I am aware that those are casual games, but I know I can't push this device too far because of the Atom processor.
    The active stylus has been a hit with the family. I am not much of an artist, but it will allow me to get concepts to a graphic designer.
    The device was on sale through the Microsoft Store for $279. At that price it was hard to resist.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    bdball: As a current Surface 2 owner I was looking at the ASUS 102HA as a Surface 3 type replacement. How in your opinion does it compare with your old Surface 2

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelSteve View Post
    bdball: As a current Surface 2 owner I was looking at the ASUS 102HA as a Surface 3 type replacement. How in your opinion does it compare with your old Surface 2
    I also answered you over at WC but I would definitely say this is like a Surface 3 upgrade from the Surface 2. The quality of the tablet is very good. The speed will be fine for most things. The finger print reader is using Microsoft Hello is really nice to have. I actually like the keyboard on the Asus better then the Surface 2's. Having the Asus Pen and using ink is a very nice plus as well. The only thing which might be a negative (although I have no issues with it) is the screen resolution being only 1280x800 opposed to the Surface 2's 1920x1080.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm looking at this machine to use as my only device, with a large external screen and external keyboard and mouse when at home.
    Do you know how this device stacks up against the T100TA in terms of performance and battery life?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times
    I've had one of these little guys for several months. Not too long after I had it the keyboard wasn't always working and finally quit altogether. Sent it back to ASUS rma and they fixed it up. In the process I believe I was told that keyboards are uniquely paired with motherboards.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links