Thread: Mini problem??

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times

Mini problem??

I have a T100 which I replaced with a Mini in early November. The Mini worked like a champ...for about two weeks. Then the attachable keyboard started not connecting to the computer. It began happening only now and then and in a few days advanced to happening nearly always. I contacted our good friends at Asus who offered some suggestions which I tried only to discover none worked. By then the keyboard rarely connected. Finally, I was told to send it in which I did because I was told that there is usually a 3-5 day turnaround for RMA's. Well, it's been three weeks and I really want my Mini, working, of course. On the one hand, maybe I did something that screwed up the keyboard connection. But on the other hand, maybe it's a problem with the machine. I'm not willing to give p on the Mini since I thought it was pretty nifty when it was in my hands but boy, do I want this thing back!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Please update your device in your profile.

Have you chased up your repair? 3 weeks is beyond belief...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times
    Dah, why didn't I think of that? Just got off the phone with support. The guy told me that it was tested, fixed and they were putting it back together. Apparently, the keyboard is dedicated to the particular motherboard. So, it sounds to me like I should have a new motherboard and keyboard when it's back in my hands. Right now it's the middle of Friday (12/9) afternoon. Man, if they could get that puppy on it's way before the end of business today, that would be great, but I'm not counting on it. I thought it might take longer that the 3-5 day turnaround I was told but I'm really anxious about getting this thing back in my paws.
    Thanks for the advice, Janner43.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times
    Got an email last evening that the T102 is "in the mail," so to speak. Ought to arrive in the middle of next week. Now all I have to do is hope it works.
    janner43 likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times
    My baby came home yesterday afternoon. I could hardly wait! I'm in the laborious process of resetting a bunch of stuff although some things have remained unchanged. All I know it this is seems to be working making me one happy camper. Almost three weeks without this thing was a long time, but in the grand scheme of things, maybe not. Any way, thanks Asus, except for the length of time the service has been rather good.
    janner43 and NexusFantismo like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times
    I'm beginning to wonder about my machine. Got it in October, had to send it back at end of November, got it back mid December, yesterday the screen cracked. Of course, that's not part of the warranty, so in the mail ((UPS) it goes. Don't ask me how it cracked because I have absolutely no idea. I probably did something or bumped it a certain way. Now I'm without it again for another month. I really like the darn thing and limping along on the old Asus for a month will drive me nuts. Just had to vent,

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    7 times
    My baby finally came home from RMA yesterday. I'm thrilled. The cracked screen is gone along with $210 from my wallet but I'm happy. It was torture using my old T100 in it's absence. I think I'm going to have to practice more TLC with this guy. Jus say'n

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links