Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times

Asus Transformer Mini

https://www.asus.com/2-in-1-PCs/ASUS...r-Mini-T102HA/

The ASUS Transformer Mini is a new 10.1 inch 2-in-1 detachable PC with a smart hinge kickstand design, making it the perfect flexible device for working on-the-go.

Other features include:

Powered by Windows 10
    A built-in fingerprint reader allows for secure login with Windows Hello
    Keyboard included
    Aluminum chassis
    Grey and white color options
    USB Type-C ports
    Pricing and Availability: The Transformer Mini will be available in Q3 this summer.

Read more at https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...qu2PPpDIbLV.99

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I expect to see it as a retailer exclusive in limited markets and perhaps in mainstream stores by the time it's successor is released. Asus can't seem to get their distribution right and it seems like they are now "phoning it in " with these latest product designs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Italian blogger, HDblog, got some hands on, I don't speak Italian but what the translator closed caption showed, they indicate it's configured with a Airmont SoC, which means either Cherry Trail or Braswell... Seemed pretty responsive in the video running W10, models on display had 4GB of RAM and 128GB storage, unknown if that's eMMC or SSD...

The kickstand can be adjusted to multiple angles, it's pretty stiff... Keyboard is a smart cover type like the Surface uses, even has secondary magnetic position to cover part of the screen and raise the angle of the keyboard... There's apparently a Silver model also, may be region exclusive...

So, basically a Surface competitor version of the T100HA that sticks to 10.1" and 16:9 ratio... Looks like we may have to wait awhile before any more details get released...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    I expect to see it as a retailer exclusive in limited markets and perhaps in mainstream stores by the time it's successor is released. Asus can't seem to get their distribution right and it seems like they are now "phoning it in " with these latest product designs.

I see no reason to believe this model will not be widely available in many markets, including yours.

Why so negative lads ? Which Asus Transformer hasn't reached consumers? The only one I'm aware of after 5 years on this forum is the Transformer Book V, the phone/tablet/keyboard combo dual OS model that was pulled after rumoured pressure from Google...

These new devices are announced near or during the annual trade show in Taiwan. Several months before they reach retail, which in this case is clearly stated to be third quarter this year -- so they may be available sometime after July 1st.

Thanks Zeo for being a positive member of this forum.
    Last edited by Swipe; 09-23-2016 at 04:58 PM.

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post

Why so negative lads ? Which Asus Transformer hasn't reached consumers?

The T90...I was looking forward to this.
    janner43 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I'll admit to being a little bit negative in my previous post but I do want Asus to succeed in this product category and produce some devices I can easily recommend.

AFX mentioned the t90 chi which got the same launch and review treatment as the other devices launched at CES 2015 but never made it to stores. The Zenphone zoom, announced at the same time was not available for purchase until more than a year later!

Last edited by Gtanner00; 05-31-2016 at 03:10 PM.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    22 times
    Some more specs at Meet the Asus Transformer Mini (specs revealed) - Liliputing . Seems along the same lines as the T100HA or newly announced T101[*], the main difference seems that it's with a light keyboard and stand, rather than The Transformer Book series style keyboard (that means you can work as a laptop without needing a stand). Personally I prefer the latter form, so I'm not so excited by this.

[*] I don't know if anyone's posted about the T101 yet, some news at Asus Transformer Book T101 budget 2-in-1 tablet on the way - Liliputing . Though apart from supporting AC Wifi, it doesn't seem to be any improvement on the T100HA. It's also worrying that both the T101 and Transformer Mini seem to have a slower CPU? (T100HA has the x5-Z8500; Transformer Mini has the x5-Z8500; T101 has the x5-Z8300.)

AFX
    Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    15 times
    this is like the Eee PC all over again. so many variants. if i were to ever get another transformer book, it would have to be the transformer book 3. i like devices with small screens for portability (hence why i was looking at the T90 but they never released it even after announcing a release date and yada yada). however, for the price of the transformer book 3, i would like to know if it's a crappy eMMC module or a true SSD (hoping SSD for performance reasons). i own a zenbook ux305 and if i could get the same performance in a transformer book, id buy it instantly.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    All the market/reviewer excitement would appear, at the moment, to be focusing on the Transformer 3 Pro. Likely because Windows is such a RAM magnet & because, quite reasonably in my view, consumers are looking for the "holy grail" of one device that can be used for everything. The storage / access speeds of a desktop/main laptop; the "2-in-1ness" of a Transformer (bunts to Asus for their originality - that's twice now, with the netbook form factor and the 2in1 form factor); thus enabling a tablet form factor (without the weight of a dock) when required.

The Transformer 3 Pro with i7 and 16gb RAM would seem to fit that slot nicely and is probably worth paying for... isn't it?

I question if another 10.1" device not very different to that already available is worth the expense of bringing to market, which is why I posed the question in the OP of the thread. The chances of them bringing two to market (mini & T101) seem extremely unlikely to the point of vapourware...

Thanks for reminding me about the T90Chi & The V - I finally got around to deleting their empty forum sections...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links