Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

Question Unusual HDMI Problem

I have what I believe to be an unusual HDMI issue, which is why I am starting a new thread.

I have a Transformerbook TX300CA that I have been enjoying for over a year now. I frequently connect it to TV monitors using a Micro HDMI - HDMI cable. For the last couple of months I have been connecting it to one particular Samsung TV.

Suddenly, it is not working anymore.

The signal was stopped while the two devices were connected. Although signal was being transmitted, nothing was happening on the two monitors, no video was played or anything. It just suddenly stopped. I didn't think much of it as I thought it was a minor issue that would solve itself. But it did not.

I have a second Micro HDMI cable that I tried instead, but it did not make a difference.

Then I thought the problem was with the TV, and after researching online I had the TV unplugged for 12 hours, and I also went into the manufacturers settings and did a system restart. Didn't help.

So I took out my old laptop and connected it to the TV with a standard HDMI - HDMI cable, and it worked perfectly fine.

I then brought my Transformerbook to work with both my Micro HDMI cables and connected it to a different monitor there. Would you believe that it all worked well?

So it seems that each individual part is fully operational, there is only a problem when the Transformerbook is paired with the Samsung TV in question.

Further, the TV does not show the HDMI channel unless something is plugged into to it. It does not show up if there is a HDMI cable in the TV that is not connected to anything. But, when I connect it to the Transformerbook, the channel does appear, so the TV does recognize that something is plugged in. On the other hand, the Transformerbook does not react at all.

I have to conclude that the problem is with the Transformerbook, something to do with sending signal to this particular monitor. Any ideas are strongly welcomed.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    TL;DR - My laptop has stopped recognizing one particular monitor. All individual parts work fine. Is there some connection manager, or way to tell the laptop to send its signal, that something is connected? The TV recognizes that something is plugged in when the laptop is connected, but it does not seem to send signal.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

I suspect an incompatability between your two devices - perhaps a firmware update or driver update has rendered them incompatible - not by design, I'm sure.

I doubt there is anything to be done, if I am honest with you. I'd find it hard to believe in a hardware glitch, given the functionality otherwise...

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

I suspect an incompatability between your two devices - perhaps a firmware update or driver update has rendered them incompatible - not by design, I'm sure.

I doubt there is anything to be done, if I am honest with you. I'd find it hard to believe in a hardware glitch, given the functionality otherwise...
    Thank you.

Probably not, I tend not to allow automatic upgrades of anything. Also because it is not like it was working one day and not the other, it stopped working suddenly when everything was on and connected.

What if it is a software glitch, would you have any suggestions? Or if we simplify the problem, if your laptop didn't react to a hdmi-cable being plugged in, what steps would you take?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    DonDoli:- Hi we're seeing that you're having some issues with your transformer book and we would love to see how best we can assist. Based on the information provided this could be a driver related problem and we suggest that you update the chipset driver. Please complete the following steps to have the driver updated.

May I ask you to follow this link please :

Select the OS (Current OS) in the drop down menu corresponding to what you are using on the unit.
    After selecting your OS, click "Chipset" then follow these steps for the driver file listed in the drop down.

Step 1: Click "Global" ( not "Global DLM" ) for the driver to be installed and save folder to desktop >
    Step 2: Locate folder on desktop, right click it and click "Extract All" >
    Step 3: Open extracted folder and run "Setup" application file (The setup file may be located by looking for a file labelled as "Application" in the "Description" column in the window) >
    Step 4: Restart device

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. Your case number is N150509314. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    May I ask you to follow this link please :
    Thank you for the reply. I would love to try your solution but it seems you did not post any link!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Step 1: Click "Global" ( not "Global DLM" ) for the driver to be installed and save folder to desktop >
    Step 2: Locate folder on desktop, right click it and click "Extract All" >
    Step 3: Open extracted folder and run "Setup" application file (The setup file may be located by looking for a file labelled as "Application" in the "Description" column in the window) >
    Step 4: Restart device
    I got this link from ASUS Support Chat: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download TX300CA

I installed the driver, restartet the laptop, but unfortunately the problem remains. Is there any other driver I should try updating?

I am willing to try anything, no matter how complex. I am imagining a way to reset the connection relationship with this one particular monitor.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Should I perhaps uninstall something before installing the driver?

Is there some way to reset the connection settings?

Perhaps I can manually tell the laptop to send its signal, maybe somewhere in regedit?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DonDoli View Post
    Should I perhaps uninstall something before installing the driver?

Is there some way to reset the connection settings?

Perhaps I can manually tell the laptop to send its signal, maybe somewhere in regedit?
    DonDoli- Hi, you would not need to uninstall anything before installing the chipset driver. It could possibly be a problem with the physical port. We would love to try other options with you, please email us a socialsupportus@asus.com with more details of the problem, the serial number of your transformer and the reference case number (N150509314) provided in the previous reply.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

In Search of Incredible

Technical Support Department
    ASUS USA :: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    We would love to try other options with you
    Thanks, I just sent an email to that address with the info.

But I doubt that it is a problem with the physical port. It couldn't be since it works with other monitors, right?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links