Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Caster
  • 1 Post By mattk1
  • 1 Post By Caster
  • 1 Post By Caster
  • 1 Post By mattk1
  • 1 Post By Caster

Thread: [SOLVED] Why won't my Touchpad update to Version 2.2.14?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times

[SOLVED] Why won't my Touchpad update to Version 2.2.14?

Hi guys,

I absolutely hate the touchpad on my TX300 and I'm trying to see whether the latest driver (V2.2.14) will improve matters. I have been unsuccessful in doing this and I'm not sure why.

I have downloaded the latest ATK package and installed it (as ASUS advise), uninstalled the old touchpad software (V1.0.0.207) and ran the new version but every time I go back to device manager to check that the update worked, I'm still running v1.0.0.207 - the old version!

It is really starting to frustrate me as this should be easy stuff to do :-(

While I'm on rant, I'd like to just mention how disappointed I've been with this ASUS machine, it is a really poor performer in most things I use it for but the biggest gripe of all I have is the terrible WIFI signal strength. Of the most important things a laptop should do, WIFI should be top notch in this day and age and it's just awful, as most of you fellow TX300CA users probably already know.

The connection between the tablet and dock is so flimsy and constantly disconnects and reconnects so if you're playing a movie fron the HDD dock and you move the screen a bit, it causes an error because the drive suddenly disconnected!

Battery life... absolutely abysmal...

Sorry guys just needed to get that off my chest...

I miss my old Acer machine. It may not have looked nice, but windows 7 performed amazingly on it along with excellent WIFI strength etc...

Cheers for listening and if any one has any suggestions about my Touchpad driver I would be happy to hear them :-)

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Mattk1, Don't worry , we all suffer from these things as being the *consumers*, but don't lose hope!

ATK package is 'ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities' which is 'required' for your Asus Smart Gesture Touchpad software to work, it is not your Asus Touchpad Driver, nor installing it will update the actual Asus Touchpad Driver, Asus Smart Gesture software is your touchpad driver. These two are different, now on the official TX300CA Drivers & Support page, they state clearly you need to have ATK Package higher then V1.0.0020, to install the V2.2.14 of your Asus Touchpad Driver,

Visit the official TX300CA Drivers & Support Page below,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download TX300CA

Expand ATK, Download & Install ATK Package V1.0.0034

Just to let you know, Asus Smart Gesture software has been updated to latest V3.0.11 , even if you install 2.2.14 it's very old and I wouldn't recommend doing that from TX300CA drivers page, Select your OS from the below link, and download the latest version of Asus Smat Gesture ONLY, once you have downloaded and installed the ATK Package V1.0.0034 as stated above.
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS Smart Gesture

Reboot System, enjoy your updated Asus Touchpad drivers & Goodluck !
    mattk1 likes this.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    Mr Caster,

Thanks so much for your super helpful reply and I'm now successfully running the latest Smart Gesture software :-) Cheers!! I can also now see where I was going wrong.

Do you happen to know if there is any updated software for the Wifi adapter that will improve its performance or is it a design issue (to do with the case material)?

Thanks so much again for your help, I was about to tear my hair out :-)

Matt
    Caster likes this.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Your welcome Matt, glad to know it worked out for you , I have marked the thread as solved.

I don't have a TX300CA, but assuming from it's official page of Drivers & Support, I see it has a 'Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Lan Driver and Application' and again knowing Asus the V10.0.0.287 is very old on the official drivers & support page, the latest I have found is below.
    Visit the below link, select your OS again assuming it's 64Bit, and install ONLY the V10.0.0.308 not the first one 'Ralink' that's a different version for a different WLAN adapter,
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...n&m=WLAN&os=30

Not exactly, sure it'll fix all of your problems but it's definitely worth a shot to see if it helps, which I am sure in some ways it will. Goodluck!
    mattk1 likes this.
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    Mr Caster thank you again! You have successfully solved my problem again :-D

All this time I though I was up to date with everything as per the TX300CA download page yet I was totally out of date :-/

Why is that page not updated I wonder, it would make sense to keep their customers happy, wouldn't it!?

So basically if I want to check i'm up to date with a certain driver, say the sound driver for example, I would have to search in the downloads section for 'sound driver' and then check which sound card I have? Is that right?

It feels nice to be up to date with my WIFI adapter and i'm not sure if it's just coincidence but it's now showing full bars signal strength - fingers crossed! :-)

Cheers again,
    Matt

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Matt, that's great news .

Asus is keen on doing this, with it's Drivers & Support pages, where the old products will get stale, till the new one comes out. Hence the next place to look for latest updates is the new products page except bios which will still be updated on the older product pages apart from anything else over there. This is the Asus way of doing updates, since a very long, long, long time, this is how they do it unfortunately. Moreover their 'Asus Live Updates' utility doesn't show the latest updates as well, or is pretty slow in showing newer updates, till they push after certain periods of time.

However since components used in various models are similar, the latest drivers can run on older models too without any problems. It is always best to keep track of where to find and look for latest drivers, in order to keep a healthy system up and running, fully updated and functional. Bios updates, still happen in your model's support area, hence keep an eye on it from time to time.

As far as where to find latest updates, you'll have to look on the Asus Support Download & Drivers pages (link below),
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

Type in a keyword, then match your hardware component and search for versions similar, then see the latest updates there.

Here is the list of some places, where I look for updates for my T100TA/Rog Machines, but they also contain various other component updates too like yours the TX300CA, any incompatible driver won't normally install on your system, it will throw an error hence you would need to look & match for versions similar in your Control Panel/Device Manager of various components & drivers then install them, anything not functioning properly, you can uninstall and rely on MS default driver to see if that fixes any other annoyances,

TX300CA Official Drivers & Support,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download TX300CA

Notebook WLAN Drivers (Non Intel),
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...n&m=WLAN&os=30

Notebook Audio Drivers,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Audio

Notebook Asus Smart Gesture (Touchpad) Drivers,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS Smart Gesture

Notebook ATK Package Drivers,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ATK Package

Notebook Backtracker,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Backtracker

Notebook Bluetooth Drivers,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download Bluetooth

All the best
    Last edited by Caster; 02-16-2015 at 10:19 AM.
    mattk1 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    Mr Caster that is awesome thanks so much for your incredibly helpful replies here, I am very grateful of your assistance :-D

I was an ACER man before moving to ASUS so I'm getting used to their ways of doing things but I've learnt a lot from you in just this thread, great stuff!

Keep up the great work!

Matt
    Caster likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    Dear Mr Caster,

In the past few days I've gone a bit update mad and tried to do everything except one thing, the BIOS update. I have heard horror stories in the past and I could not afford any time without my computer while I'm studying, so with that in mind, would you say leave the BIOS update or is it much easier and safer these days?

The horror stories I mentioned were from quite a few years ago s things may have changed since then :-)

Cheers!
    Matt

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    I would normally apply a Bios update, if I am not happy with the current state of performance of my machine or if I have something major to fix. If currently my machine's performance is up-to par of my expectations and doing a good job, I don't seem it is necessary. But I'll leave this up-to you, since you have time, you can go for it while your at it , follow the instructions and Goodluck!
    mattk1 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    2 times
    Cheers Mr Caster, think I'm going to give it a go at the weekend and see how I get on - have to learn how to do it now or never ha ha :-)

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links