Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I have similiar problem.
    Looks like it is intel hd 4000 problem.

Micro hdmi > hdmi is not working. I also have tf201, and same cabel is working with it.

After checking the web, I managed to get it working just after new/same driver install, without restarting. So, if it is the same problem, your display should work if you install new graphic drivers.

problem with HDMI and Intel HD Graphics 4000

There is post somewhere with solution, to restart the device after power on, but I didn't try that. Will try this weekend.

I didn't try with Displayport.

UPDATE: HDMI works with microHDMI>VGA adapter... I'll try with another micro-hdmi>hdmi cabel.
    Last edited by pelin; 05-24-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by quartz View Post
    After all the different display port to "any" adapter where delivered I figured out that only displayport2VGA is working at all. But with that you becam your full HD output like expected. At mine none of the displayport to hdmi or displayport to DVI adapters worked.
    i have same problem like yours. Try a lot of cables but none works. Can you show me where to you buy your cable that works? really appreciate.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    It sounds like lots of people are having issues with this.

Here is the official cable: Micro HDMI to HDMI Cable - Tablet & Mobile Accessories - ASUS

It can be purchased here: Amazon.com: ASUS Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable: Computers & Accessories

I'm buying it now. If it doesn't work then I'll post a reply on this forum about it.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    I just tested out my brand new TX300 with an apple minidisplayport to DVI adapter as well...no luck at all. The intel graphics applet just shows "monitor" with a default res of 1024x768. Changing anything on it does nothing.

This is a very bad sign for my continued usage of this device.

When I get home this evening I'll see if the micro-HDMI on the tablet body works, or whether both micro HDMI and mini displayport are both dead.
    Tablets:
    ------
    Android 4.2.2 Stock: TF700T (April 2013)
    Windows 8.1 x64: TX300CA (September 2013) Returned

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    3 times
    I can report that the micro HDMI port on the tablet body works fine for audio and video; no problems there. However, the lack of displayport is still disappointing as I might want to use that with Dell's new screens, which take full sized displayport/vga/dvi but no HDMI.
    Tablets:
    ------
    Android 4.2.2 Stock: TF700T (April 2013)
    Windows 8.1 x64: TX300CA (September 2013) Returned

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought a no-brand micro hdmi to vga adapter and it did not work for me. Then I bought a newer monitor (which was fine as I kinda needed one for unrelated reasons) and it worked. So it could be that Windows 8 isn't working real well with some older monitors.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    465 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonjd View Post
    I bought a no-brand micro hdmi to vga adapter and it did not work for me. Then I bought a newer monitor (which was fine as I kinda needed one for unrelated reasons) and it worked. So it could be that Windows 8 isn't working real well with some older monitors.
    Digital vs analogue.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    206 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonjd View Post
    Straight HDMI to VGA adapter only works if the video card can output a Analog signal, this means extra pins in the HDMI out, but mind that HDMI is naturally Digital as it's basically a version of DVI combined with audio and mobile/portable devices don't use graphic cards with as many extra features as desktop systems use.

This is one of the reasons why the VGA port has survived so long as a separate port and you don't just see adapters offered for backwards compatibility...

So, it has nothing to do with Windows 8 but rather your hardware... Basically, if you need a adapter for a mobile/portable device then get a converter instead of a simple adapter...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    So, it has nothing to do with Windows 8 but rather your hardware... Basically, if you need a adapter for a mobile/portable device then get a converter instead of a simple adapter...
    First, I have an "active adapter." Not sure how that is different from an converter.

Second, to be clear, the newer monitor is still relying on the active adapter, it is not directly using the HDMI. So what changed was the monitor, there seems to be some kind of difference between a four-year-old, but pretty nice, monitor and a new monitor in terms of how the VGA connection is recognized by Windows 8. Maybe it is in the wiring, maybe there is something different in the VGA port for my new monitor that enables it to work.

So my point was to help people out who may be struggling with this, it isn't necessarily your adapter, it might be that your computer (software, hardware?) can't work with the monitor in that way.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    206 times
    If it's active then it's a converter...

There are just limited converters that only handle some basic format conversion and then there's the deluxe converters that handle a good range of conversion and often add options like turning a HDMI output into a VGA and Audio jack output, so you still have only one cable from the PC and don't need a separate audio setup.

And no, the issue is the adapter... When using a converter, or Active Adapter as you put it, the output becomes limited to what the adapter can handle and if that isn't in the range of what the monitor/tv supports and/or if the adapter can't properly communicate with the monitor/tv to get detected and establish the proper display mode for the monitor/tv then it often doesn't work.

For example, if the monitor/tv doesn't get the proper signals then it could simply stay in a power saving mode and not display anything even if it's otherwise getting the right video format.

Basically, the adapter is the go-between device and referees the interaction between the device and the monitor/tv... while newer monitors may simply be able to communicate with the adapter better and/or better support the resolution and frequency that the adapter supports.

Issues with the device are limited to what the GPU can support but remember, you're dealing with a digital to analog conversion to go from HDMI to VGA... So that's all on the adapter!

It would only be a issue with the system with a direct connection and having these issues as then there's no go-between and no conversion going on...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads