Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times

Touchpad and Touchscreen

Hi

I didn't even know the Transformer Trio existed until a few days ago. It really looks like my prefect laptop.

Enough Power to run Minecraft and some older games
    1080p
    Small enough for train to work (11.6 is perfect)
    Android tablet when I need it.

Anyway stumbled across one in John Lewis (customer return for £400 with a 2 year warranty) and immediately sold my Samsung Galaxy tab S to part finance my new acquisition. This is the i5 version (would have liked an i7 and back lit keyboard).

So far my issues are to do with the touch pad and touch screen. In windows 8 I was getting a driver error and in 8.1 I get a couple of warnings about inconsistent touch and something else. I only seem to get these in Windows (switch to android and touch screen and touchpad work fine).

At home the laptop is on charge, I don't use the touchpad (using BT Mouse) and I don't really use the touchscreen (although every few minutes I test the charms bar and it works fine). I'm connect to my BT Home Hub 5 and life is great.

I get on the train and connect my EE 4g Mifi and start using. After a few minutes I can't use the touchscreen/touchpad. The keys still work and I do have internet access (it's not like the whole thing is freezing up), however I want to throw the ***** thing to the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, following previous threads on here I became aware that my USB charging utility was not up current, so updated this.

Things were much better this morning, although I did lose the touch screen for a few minutes but did not lose the touchpad. I still have a lot of warning events (inconsistent touch and driver for multi touch device).

When I totally lost use of the touchscreen I seemed to have an event where a device driver did not respond for 19 seconds (USB video device).

I'm going to totally wipe the laptop using a windows 8.1 install disk, then add all the drivers.

I'd really like to install an ssd but won't do that until all these niggles are sorted (at least now I'm hopeful they are just niggles).

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Touch screen has now totally gone off

Capture.PNG

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links