Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Strange Wi-Fi problems on both systems

Hello all :-)
    So.. my problem is with:

Windows
    I normally boot Windows with all necessary drivers (except: console, usb charger, pc tool and smart audio) - everything is good and fast, downloading big files is ok, one or more torrents running at same time is ok etc... but when i connect my 2TB 3.0 external HDD (without adapter) to the left USB, the system start disconnecting wifi connection. After that i have limited connection with error (troubleshooter) : no valid ip address. I found that wifi adapter couldn't find any wifi in my area. If i disconnect HDD, wifi repairs and everything go right as before :-D . HDD is ok. When i put HDD in the right USB slot, wifi goes normally.... I try HDD in other machines too. Only idea is that some driver don't work properly cos of the left usb is for both: android and windows - right is working cos its only for windows ?!!?

Windows 8, latest drivers/bios, i try to install console, usb charger, reinstall wifi driver, reinstall intel drivers, try to instal win 8.1, then back to win 8, other devices working on routers wifi, tried change routers channel, changed wifi adapter setting by tons of forum threads (as i see, windows 8/8.1 have some issues with wifi connections on almost every machine, hate win 8 :/), android wifi turned off, android turned off, what i don't try is another monitor connected - don't have :/

Android
    On android i have too wifi problem that the wifi connection still disconnecting even if the windows are turned off - just have full signal and after some minutes is again reconnecting to same wifi.. The latest update from Asus dont work via those 3 ways that they offering (auto-newest FW says,ota-don't do or show up anything,single-cant mount SD-Card). I know that the problem is not solvable now, but i hope Asus will read that :-)

If hell exist, this is hell :-D
    PS: i manage to have working both wifi on android and windows at same time with no problem, so this cannot do that error above i think
    Last edited by suudzi; 03-25-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Dont know better way to spend my money...

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Does the HDD have an external power supply? If not I suspect it's drawing too much power from the system bus and the WiFi adapter isn't able to function properly anymore.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by danpaul88 View Post
    Does the HDD have an external power supply? If not I suspect it's drawing too much power from the system bus and the WiFi adapter isn't able to function properly anymore.
    No, dont have. If the win part have only micro usb power supply, then i wouldnt be suprised. But it have its own adapter.

And why then the hdd working good with wifi on the right slot :-D when i have mouse connected to the left, it disconnecting wifi in android, gamepad wont. O man, its pandoras box

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links