Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    0 times

What is the Future of the TRIO

Now that Asus has announced the Transformer V at the recent Computex, here are my questions:
    1-Will they continue to produce the TRIO?
    2-If so, will they update the TRIO with an SSD instead of the current HDD?
    3-If not, will they offer a V WITHOUT a phone? (who wants a stupid phone hanging from their Tablet, give me a break Asus!)

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan912 View Post
    Now that Asus has announced the Transformer V at the recent Computex, here are my questions:
    1-Will they continue to produce the TRIO?
    2-If so, will they update the TRIO with an SSD instead of the current HDD?
    3-If not, will they offer a V WITHOUT a phone? (who wants a stupid phone hanging from their Tablet, give me a break Asus!)
    Here are my humble thoughts.
    1-Yes. One product has no effect on another product.
    2-No. The specs of the Trio will likely never be changed.
    3-Without the "stupid phone hanging from their tablet" you would only be purchasing a Windows tablet with a keyboard dock.

All Android functions are provided by the phone. The tablet is Windows only much limestone Trio tablet is Android only and the dock is Windows only.

Sent from my TX201LA using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    0 times
    Kasush
    TY for the info, it was good to learn more about the T V
    Back to the TRIO, it seems that ASUS is not listening to their customer needs! Almost everyone posting on the web, here or at other sites, has indicated that the first thing they did when purchased the TRIO is to REPLACE the slow HDD with a faster SSD!! So why can't ASUS get off their high and mighjty mountain and listen to what their customers are saying/doing! I am sure that if they "upgrade" "update" the TRIO their sales in that area will be significantly increased! Instead they go and promise a Transformer Book V (which might disappear as their promise of the TD300) that probably no one will buy because it is so idiotically configured that you have to be bound to THEIR phone!! Asus please listen and make note, do not take that high and mighty attitude so you are totally isolatedd from the Voice of your Customers!
    Last edited by Ivan912; 07-08-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Liked
    0 times
    Prior to this query being posted there have been news regarding our TX201LA big brother the ASUS book duet TD300. Unfortunately MS and Google were not happy with dual OS devices such as our TFbook trio and because "there are patent issues -MS", hence asus will cease creation of new hybrid win-android devices and pull out in the market the same kind of devices it has released since last year.

I think this is also the reason why I have not seen these devices in their showrooms or events lately. I just hope this does not affect in anyway the supported configurations, driver, features, software, etc.. that we have between our trio tablet and dock as well as working with other i/o device.

IMO this is a very sad news because innovation like these shouldn't have to be hindered by patents (if it were really the case) or by greedy tech companies alibis.

Just my two cents.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iVolantech View Post
    I just hope this does not affect in anyway the supported configurations, driver, features, software, etc.. that we have between our trio tablet and dock as well as working with other i/o device.
    That's one of my concerns as well as I think about purchasing this device.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Also in regards to the future of TRIO or other dual OS platforms I wonder how long the whole patent factor will prevent the production of similar devices.

When I read that this would be available I was truly geeked but I wanted to wait until after the first device to see what improvements would occur after findings from day to day issue feedback from customer experience.

But looks like this whole Microsoft and Google block will delay that for quite some time.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links