Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Jazz
    Member #
    62355
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    2 times

    with latest asus updates, windows 8.1 switching and widi are working for me...

    Just a post to see other people's experience after the latest ASUS win 8.1 driver etc updates installed.

    Switching was always bad, now seems to work ok.

    Even tried widi, worked ok, do not know if it supports sound like miracast on Android.

    good news at last...

  2. #2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    66023
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Tablet
    TF201
    Posts
    9
    Liked
    0 times
    And which drivers you installed?

  3. #3
    Soundwave
    Member #
    64495
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Posts
    14
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkys View Post
    And which drivers you installed?
    The VGA Driver for Win8.1 seems to solve the problem with the screen not coming up when windows comes out of sleep.
    For safety i installed all latest drivers.

    Regards,

    Gerrit

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    67534
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Tablet
    TF201
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    0 times
    Did you install the Windows Android Driver InsAndroidDrv.exe? I can't seem to install it and my switch still only works one way. When you say you installed all updated drivers, can you remember which ones and did you uninstall the old versions first?

    Regards asusman5672

  5. #5
    Ratchet
    Member #
    38754
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    115
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by asusman5672 View Post
    Did you install the Windows Android Driver InsAndroidDrv.exe? I can't seem to install it and my switch still only works one way. When you say you installed all updated drivers, can you remember which ones and did you uninstall the old versions first?

    Regards asusman5672
    asusman, I installed all the drivers dated March 25, 2014. I did not install the InsAndroidDrv.exe. Everything works perfectly on mine as discussed in the other thread, with the exception of Splashtop. I cannot use Splashtop without a display attached to the base.

    Sent from my TX201LA using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Jazz
    Member #
    65778
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Tablet
    None
    Posts
    47
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasush View Post
    asusman, I installed all the drivers dated March 25, 2014. I did not install the InsAndroidDrv.exe. Everything works perfectly on mine as discussed in the other thread, with the exception of Splashtop. I cannot use Splashtop without a display attached to the base.
    Shouldn't these updates update automatically? I have installed the Trio Switcher twice and switching goes smoothly for a few days, then the EFCWChecker update notification appears in Android and, when I try to switch from Android to Windows, Windows is dark. I have to uninstall the Trio Switcher, then reinstall for it to work again.

    Thoughts?

  7. #7
    Ratchet
    Member #
    38754
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Tablet
    TF101
    Posts
    115
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drjimtaylor View Post
    Shouldn't these updates update automatically? I have installed the Trio Switcher twice and switching goes smoothly for a few days, then the EFCWChecker update notification appears in Android and, when I try to switch from Android to Windows, Windows is dark. I have to uninstall the Trio Switcher, then reinstall for it to work again.

    Thoughts?
    Windows updates are automatic, but updates from Asus Supprt site are not. It is possible that they could be automatic through the Asus Live Update utility, but this seems not to be the case.
    I cannot duplicate your issue on my end and I am concerned that uninstalling and reinstalling the SAME version of Trio Switcher makes things work for you.

    Full Disclosure: I have never run Windows 8.1. Immediately upon updating to 8.1 I installed the Update 1 which was leaked. I have none of the issues any of you guys are facing and am not sure if it is because of Update 1 or some other reason.

    Sent from my TX201LA using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    1793
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Posts
    5,903
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasush View Post
    Windows updates are automatic, but updates from Asus Supprt site are not. It is possible that they could be automatic through the Asus Live Update utility, but this seems not to be the case.
    Updates are often posted to the Asus Support site before they are added to Asus Live Update. Forum members mentioned there is often a week or so delay.

  9. #9
    Jazz
    Member #
    63652
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Tablet
    TF Book Trio
    Posts
    33
    Liked
    0 times
    Can someone post the link to the Asus Support Site where we can download the latest drivers?

    Thansk!

  10. #10
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    1793
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Posts
    5,903
    Liked
    1225 times
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

    Quote Originally Posted by glaucocastro View Post
    Can someone post the link to the Asus Support Site where we can download the latest drivers?

    Thansk!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Windows Updates and Asus RMA - Avoid if possible
    By CerebralEdge in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-17-2014, 05:14 PM
  2. Does anybody know how to get intel widi working on the trio (aka miricast for android
    By smiler in forum Asus Transformer Book Trio (TX201LA)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 08:30 AM
  3. ASUS Working on 4.2 Updates for its Tablets
    By wicked in forum Asus Transformer News
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 09:49 AM
  4. Latest From Google I/O: A Team will Create Guidelines For Updates!
    By dgstorm in forum Asus Transformer News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 11:37 AM

Search tags for this page

asus easy update windows 8.1
,
asus live update does not work
,
asus live update not working with windows 8.1
,
asus live update stopped working in windows 8.1
,

asus live update windows 8.1

,

asus tf300t update to download win 8

,
asus tf300t update to download win 8.1
,
asus transformer win 8.1 updates
,
does the windows 8.1 update work with asus transformer
,
newest version asus transformer windows 8.1
,
widi upate
,
windows 8 on tf300t
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:40 PM.