Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

It randomly starts to go crazy by constantly switching between desktop and Start menu

The title is the best I could to describe my issue. Every few months on average since I bought it last August, the T300 suddenly starts to "shudder" (I can hear and feel a vibration) and that pops the Windows 8 Start Menu. It happens one to three or four times in a row, so it switches rapidly between the Start Menu and the desktop. And this lasts for a dozen minutes to half an hour. During this time I can basically do nothing, since the Start menu will constantly bother me whatever I am doing.

Here is a video explaining better than a thousand words, and I assure you I'm touching NOTHING :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z73j79hbq3...94036.mp4?dl=0

I don't know how to use my warranty, because if I show my PC to the after sales service they are never gonna believe me since it works perfectly fine 99% of the time, the issue randomly happening only once or twice every couple months for some reason. Oh crap it's happening again
    Last edited by Ruka; 05-26-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T300L
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same thing happen, but I'm using Classic Shell on Windows 10, and it's that menu that pop's up and goes away while the tablet vibrates. It happens in intermittent bouts, but can be very frequent and disruptive while it is happening. It has continued through reboots, so it seems to be something physical, and possibly related to the capacitative Windows button, and I wonder if that might have something to do with why we were able to get the computer used for a good price... BTW, the ordinary function of that button stopped after we upgraded to Windows 10, and it doesn't respond to normal touches, just seemingly in the haywire mode. I wish I knew what software I might disable to turn off the driver for that button... I've tried ending the processes with ATK in the name, which I thought was the package for handling special keyboard (and other?) functions, but with no success. Of course, it only happens intermittently, usually when my beloved is using the computer, so I hear about it much more often than I get to see it...

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mesanos View Post
    I have the same thing happen, but I'm using Classic Shell on Windows 10, and it's that menu that pop's up and goes away while the tablet vibrates. It happens in intermittent bouts, but can be very frequent and disruptive while it is happening. It has continued through reboots, so it seems to be something physical, and possibly related to the capacitative Windows button, and I wonder if that might have something to do with why we were able to get the computer used for a good price... BTW, the ordinary function of that button stopped after we upgraded to Windows 10, and it doesn't respond to normal touches, just seemingly in the haywire mode. I wish I knew what software I might disable to turn off the driver for that button... I've tried ending the processes with ATK in the name, which I thought was the package for handling special keyboard (and other?) functions, but with no success. Of course, it only happens intermittently, usually when my beloved is using the computer, so I hear about it much more often than I get to see it...
    mesanos ~ Hi, thanks for reaching out to us with your concern. Allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused and we’ll be more than happy to assist. Based on the issue you are experiencing we would recommend that you reinstall the ATK and Touchpad drivers for Windows 10.

Download ATKPackage Version: V1.0.0039
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...422.1470072206

Download ASUS Smart Gesture Version: V4.0.6
    http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/...422.1470072206

1. Download the zip file.
    2. Open the file and run the setup file inside.
    Each zip file has a "setup.exe" application file inside. Please restart the unit after downloading and installing these drivers.
    If the previous drivers need to be uninstalled, go to the control panel, then programs and features, look for "add and remove programs".

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know via email at: socialsupportus@asus.com.
    We will be more than happy to assist you.
    You may refer to case number N160805032 upon your next contact.
    Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.
    Thank you.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links