Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy T300LA Won't boot: dead on arrival?

Hi,

Just received my new T300LA-DH51T from Amazon in the mail today, but I can't get it to turn on. I would really appreciate some input from any T300LA owners who have had similar issues, or even from owners with no issues who can tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Symptoms: The tablet won't turn on. It's been charged for hours, until the charge indicator light is solid white. It's still plugged into the wall, but I've tried it both plugged in and unplugged. If I tap the power button, I can hear and feel it "whirr" for about a half second, and then it dies again. Like it's trying to turn on, but then it decides it would rather go back to bed.

I've downloaded and read the user manual, and as far as I can tell, I'm not doing anything incorrectly... I took it out of the box, plugged the power cable into the correct hole on the tablet, and connected the tablet to the keyboard with the included USB cable to charge it. Charged it for a few hours until the charge indicator light turned white, and then pressed the power button. I've tried holding the power button down for anywhere from 2 seconds to about a minute, with no results. The screen hasn't even flickered on once.

Is my new tablet DOA? Is there anything you'd recommend trying? Open to just about anything that might have a chance of working; I'd really rather avoid having to return this through the mail right before Christmas...

Thanks for your time.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    I haven't been able to find anything that might help, so I shipped the tablet back to the Amazon seller today for a refund. Hopefully this is not a common occurrence with these tablets.

To anyone who finds this thread through google because your T300LA has the same symptoms as mine: it's probably DOA. Return it while you can.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links