Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times

Camera has vanished!

Some time over the last few weeks, my camera facility has vanished. You know, the annoying one where, when you're trying to log in, you accidentally swipe the screen the wrong way upwards or downwards and find yourself locked in camera mode? Now when I do that, I just get a message telling me "To get started, connect a camera." It's really annoying, because I quite regularly use the camera facility as a cheap photocopier. Does anyone know what might be causing it, please? I'm guessing maybe a Microsoft Update, but don't know for sure.

This is running Windows 8.1.
    Currently struggling with the change to Windows 8.1 after years on Windows XP, so please don't assume I know how to do anything!

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    152 times
    Quote Originally Posted by alisonp View Post
    Some time over the last few weeks, my camera facility has vanished. You know, the annoying one where, when you're trying to log in, you accidentally swipe the screen the wrong way upwards or downwards and find yourself locked in camera mode? Now when I do that, I just get a message telling me "To get started, connect a camera." It's really annoying, because I quite regularly use the camera facility as a cheap photocopier. Does anyone know what might be causing it, please? I'm guessing maybe a Microsoft Update, but don't know for sure.

This is running Windows 8.1.
    Hi alisonp, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused and we'll be happy to help. Please select the Version of Windows 8.1 i.e. Windows 8.1 32 bit or Windows 8.1 64 bit from the link below and download the Chipset Driver. Extract the file then run the setup application inside. This driver will install the camera driver for your device.

https://www.asus.com/us/2-in-1-PCs/A...Desk_Download/
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links