Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times

T200 will not boot from anything

Hi everyone, hopefully you can help.
    My dad has a t200ta, was using it, installed a windows update and now it will not boot from anything. Most of the time it just boots straight into the bios. Pressing f9 does not work bring up the recovery options.

Tried booting from external dvd drive with both linux and windows 8/8.1/10 - doesnt work.
    Tried installing windows 8.1 and 10 on flash drives, it will not boot from them. Just kicks back into the bios. The bios recognises the external devices but wont boot from them. Have tried enabling/disabling secure boot. Have tried another hard drive in the base unit.

Not sure what else we can tried to be honest. It wont even boot from an external hard drive with windows 10 installed.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    151 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tarik View Post
    My dad has a t200ta, was using it, installed a windows update and now it will not boot from anything. Most of the time it just boots straight into the bios. Pressing f9 does not work bring up the recovery options.

Tried booting from external dvd drive with both linux and windows 8/8.1/10 - doesnt work.
    Tried installing windows 8.1 and 10 on flash drives, it will not boot from them. Just kicks back into the bios. The bios recognises the external devices but wont boot from them. Have tried enabling/disabling secure boot. Have tried another hard drive in the base unit.

Not sure what else we can tried to be honest. It wont even boot from an external hard drive with windows 10 installed.

Thanks
    Hi tarik, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused and we'll be happy to assist. Can you try to create a bootable drive that is compatible with UEFI BIOS then try to boot from it and install the Windows OS.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks
    I had the same problem when you turn it on try keep tapping f8 until it either gets you into the bios or crashes again. If that didn't work try tapping f8 all through booting. If that doesn't work after a few time you will have to phone Microsoft. I had to and a very helpful lady told me what to do. Another of my laptops booted ok but it told me that there was no WiFi adapter!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I had the same problem when you turn it on try keep tapping f8 until it either gets you into the bios or crashes again. If that didn't work try tapping f8 all through booting. If that doesn't work after a few time you will have to phone Microsoft. I had to and a very helpful lady told me what to do. Another of my laptops booted ok but it told me that there was no WiFi adapter!

I had to go 3 levels of Microsoft support before I got to someone who could actually sort it out.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi tarik, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused and we'll be happy to assist. Can you try to create a bootable drive that is compatible with UEFI BIOS then try to boot from it and install the Windows OS.
    Hi I have tried this already with Windows 10. Uefi boot drive. I will give it another try and show you what happens with a video.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I had to go 3 levels of Microsoft support before I got to someone who could actually sort it out.

im not even sure microsoft can help in this situation.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    With or without USB Flash drive, it just goes to a blank blue screen with nothing on it. Even when I try to force the boot from the USB in the Bios or by pressing ESC when switching on. Iv even tried f8, f9, holding shift with F keys. Dont know what else to try...

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    151 times
    With or without USB Flash drive, it just goes to a blank blue screen with nothing on it. Even when I try to force the boot from the USB in the Bios or by pressing ESC when switching on. Iv even tried f8, f9, holding shift with F keys. Dont know what else to try...
    Thank you for the update. With Secure Boot disables, have you tried enabling CSM or Launch CSM. After that you can press "ESC" and try to BOOT from the UEFI BOOT drive. For this device to BOOT from a USB drive, it has to be compliant with UEFI or the device will not recognize it as being a BOOT drive.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the update. With Secure Boot disables, have you tried enabling CSM or Launch CSM. After that you can press "ESC" and try to BOOT from the UEFI BOOT drive. For this device to BOOT from a USB drive, it has to be compliant with UEFI or the device will not recognize it as being a BOOT drive.
    Still just getting a blank blue screen when booting from the flash drive. It is formatted with UEFI and GPT with windows 10 using rufus.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    151 times
    Still just getting a blank blue screen when booting from the flash drive. It is formatted with UEFI and GPT with windows 10 using rufus.
    Thank you for the update. The issue could be hardware related and that the eMMC drive may need to be replaced.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links