Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times

Bios screen only

My apologies if this has been covered before.

My wife has the T200 which ever since Windows 10 upgrade has been sat in a corner because it was so slow. I turned the unit on and yes it was slow so I looked in to ways to install a fresh new windows 10. Having done what most people said needed to be done I was at first stuck on a loop of booting to system repair. I have been able to get the bios to recognise my USB pen drive but not to get it to boot from it.

Anyway now all I have is a paperweight. The system now only boots to the bios and no matter what setting I use it just returns to the bios, the only way to shut the pc down is to hold the on off button for a long time till click, off.

I have tried booting from a micro SD card and a USB but nothing, I have even changed the HDD in the keyboard for one with a working version of windows but the unit will not even recognise this let alone boot from it.

Other than a paperweight is there any way to bring this T200 back to life?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by horne65 View Post
    My apologies if this has been covered before.

My wife has the T200 which ever since Windows 10 upgrade has been sat in a corner because it was so slow. I turned the unit on and yes it was slow so I looked in to ways to install a fresh new windows 10. Having done what most people said needed to be done I was at first stuck on a loop of booting to system repair. I have been able to get the bios to recognise my USB pen drive but not to get it to boot from it.

Anyway now all I have is a paperweight. The system now only boots to the bios and no matter what setting I use it just returns to the bios, the only way to shut the pc down is to hold the on off button for a long time till click, off.

I have tried booting from a micro SD card and a USB but nothing, I have even changed the HDD in the keyboard for one with a working version of windows but the unit will not even recognise this let alone boot from it.

Other than a paperweight is there any way to bring this T200 back to life?
    Hi horne65, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience caused with this. To boot from a USB drive, you first have to create a Windows 10 that is for UEFI and GPT partition. If the drive is not created like this then this device will not be able to boot from it.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the reply.

I have made my Sandisk USB 3.0 in to a Windows 10 bootable UEFI and GPT partition but nothing, just straight from Bios back to Bios.

Just used another smaller USB 2.0 drive and it has started installing windows 10 first time. I will post to let people know how it goes.
    Last edited by horne65; 01-19-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by horne65 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I have made my Sandisk USB 3.0 in to a Windows 10 bootable UEFI and GPT partition but nothing, just straight from Bios back to Bios.

Just used another smaller USB 2.0 drive and it has started installing windows 10 first time. I will post to let people know how it goes.
    Thank you for the update. Please let us know the outcome.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links