Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By huwyngr

Thread: Are BIOS/Driver Updates cumulative?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times

Are BIOS/Driver Updates cumulative?

I am about to run the free upgrade to Win 10 on my T200TA-C and following the advice to upgrade the files available for Windows 10 64 bit on the linked to ASUS website I am faced with a long series of upgrades eg to BIOS.

Are these cumulative so I only have to download and run the latest or do I have to install every one, one at a time?

On other systems I've had upgrades have been cumulative.

Help ASAP please since I'm running out of time!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    They must be cumulative or clean installs of Windows, followed by the SoC driver set from Asus wouldn't work.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks Janner

What is the SoC Driver Set? I only found the page linked to in one of the excellent guides on how to update published here -- by you?

Can you give me a link and I'll get it today.

Greetings from a Welshman formerly resident in Cheshire and now in Florida. Pity about the Exchange rate -- my pensions come from the UK!

PS -- OK I found a reference to the SoC set under chipset in the 64bit downloads.

I've downloaded everything availabale there and saved them to a T200 folder; Win 10 is installing on the T200 as I write this but only after it told me it did not have enough space on my 64bit T200!

I've uninstalled a lot of utilities that I know I can easily uninstall and freed up enough space to start it again.

More latter no doubt!
    Last edited by huwyngr; 07-29-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    A fellow Brit abroad. Hope you are enjoying your world now you are stateside.

Cheers

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    Firstly -- The installation of 10 on my T200TA-C completed satisfactorily as far as I can tell but I've not had a chance to get used to the differences from 8.1 and my wife will find some of the changes difficult to adapt to. Like I need to find how to force it to open to the Start Screen and not to the desktop when the keyboard is detached. I think it's using Tablet Mode but I'm not sure.

Secondly -- yes I'm happy here in the USA apart from the BREXIT effect on my UK pensions with the exchange rate going from 1.60 to 1.30 in a few days (or from 2.00 in 2008 for that matter!) But I'll not get into politics here!

I have a long history with the USA since back in 1940 I was a schoolboy evacuee under the Government scheme to get as many schoolchildren as possible out of the country before the anticipated German invasion attempt. I came here to live with a Great Uncle who had emigrated from North Wales back in the 1800's and lived in Rochester NY where I went to High School and later to Hobart College in Geneva NY but at the end of my first year I was drafted for military service and chose the US Army since it didn't seem sensible to try to cross the Atlantic in 1943 just to join a different army!

Later in the army I took advantage of fast track US Citizenship and ended up a Dual National. My Division came into France in 1944 as part of the invasion of the South of France and after the war ended I took my discharge in the UK because my brother had been killed in the British Army -- seconded to the RAF studying German Radar riding our bombers.

So that's how I ended up moving here in 1994 after I retired from my UK business and ended up marrying an American I had known for many years and moving to Florida! At my age, although I still do on line support on computers and Windows on CompuServe and for Norton Security in their support Forums, travel to the UK is too much of a burden especially on my wife. I miss my family there but Facebook keeps us in touch with pictures at least!

All the best

Hugh

PS I'm sure I'll have some more questions.

Feel free to move this to Gossip if we have a section!

PPS Have you seen about still getting the free update to 10 legitimately from Microsoft?

That's a link to the Norton Forums since the follow on messages have some interesting other links but the source was this Ghacks post:

And here's the actual Microsoft action page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/acce...ndows10upgrade
    janner43 likes this.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links