Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Swipe

Thread: two strange issues (Maximum Brightness & touchpad)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times

two strange issues (Maximum Brightness & touchpad)

Hi guys, sorry for the unclear title but I would present two "problems" that I found recently.

1) My t200ta always seems to boot up with max brightness (plugged in or on battery) even though it's set much lower in the Windows Power management. But by powering off display and restarting it then the screen brightness goes to where I'd set it to.

2) When it wakes up from standby sometimes happens that the touchpad does not work, unlike the keyboard instead has no problems with recognition and runs quietly. The only way to fix is to disconnect and reconnect the dock to the tablet, or deactivate and reactivate "Asus Touchpad" in Device Manager.

thanks for your help!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Hi. I've added the text in brackets to your thread title. Always better than "help me" or "I've got a problem" -- this way someone who has encountered those sort of issues will more likely respond.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by capitanouncino View Post
    Hi guys, sorry for the unclear title but I would present two "problems" that I found recently.

1) My t200ta always seems to boot up with max brightness (plugged in or on battery) even though it's set much lower in the Windows Power management. But by powering off display and restarting it then the screen brightness goes to where I'd set it to.

2) When it wakes up from standby sometimes happens that the touchpad does not work, unlike the keyboard instead has no problems with recognition and runs quietly. The only way to fix is to disconnect and reconnect the dock to the tablet, or deactivate and reactivate "Asus Touchpad" in Device Manager.

thanks for your help!
    capitanouncino - We're very sorry you seem to be having these troublesome issues with your T200. Have you tried doing a system refresh? Refreshing your PC re-installs Windows and keeps your personal files and settings. It also keeps the apps that came with your PC and the apps you installed from the Windows Store. However, apps that did not come with the unit would be lost which would also include Microsoft Office (this may be reloaded onto the system after a refresh once you have the activation key for the software).

To have a system refresh done for your operating system (WIN 8) , proceed with the following steps:

Step 1: Press Windows Key + I to enter charm settings.
    Step 2: Click "Change PC Settings."
    Step 3: Click "General."
    Step 4: Select "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" and click "Get Started."

To have a system refresh done for your operating system (win 8.1) , proceed with the following steps:

Step 1: Press Windows Key + I to enter charm settings.
    Step 2: Click "Change PC Settings."
    Step 3: Click "Update & Recovery."
    Step 4: Click "Recovery."
    Step 5: Select "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" and click "Get Started."

Please advise us of the status of your T200 via email at socialsupportus@asus.com.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you.

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

mj0
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    4 times
    The touchpad issue is quite common for the ASUS Smart Gesture driver, I was able to find several threads in forums all over the internet regarding the touchpad driver crashing. There is, however, an unelegant yet simple solution to this. First, creeate a Batch file called asus.bat and put it in C:\Program Files. Contents of said file:

Taskkill /IM AsusTPCenter.exe /F

Second, create a new task in the task scheduler triggered by an event. Log: System. Source: Kernel-Power. Event ID: 507

This is the event created each time the notebook awakes from Standby, thereby resetting the touchpad driver each time. Works like a charm.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Ouch. That is quite the brute force method of keeping the touchpad working. I was having the same issue with a brand new t200ta, so I know the ASUS rep is just blowing smoke. Thanks for bringing the fix here, mj0.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    I had both problems, now I only have one. My touchpad got to the point where it never came back. After multiple attempts with customer service, they gave me an RMA and I got a new dock.

My screen is always on max brightness on startup/ wake up - very annoying. I just turn the screen off and on and the brightness setting resets to the original setting prior to hibernating/ shutting down.

I wish Asus fixed 2 things - the brightness issue - and give us the ability to map sensitivity areas on the trackpad so the click zones don't allow movement of the cursor when clicking

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    "by powering off display and restarting it then the screen brightness goes to where I'd set it to."

How exactly do you power it off and restart it? Can you explain the method?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links