Thread: T200 won't boot

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times

T200 won't boot

Hi guys, glad to have found this website!
    Im running into a problem; my Asus T200 (T200TA-CP003H). The other day I was using the T200 just fine when the device froze up and strips and cubes appeared all over the screen as some sort of graphic glitch. My first reaction was to hold down the power button a couple of seconds to turn the T200 off, which it did, but now it won't turn on again. The device was and is still charged (when I put it on AC it confirms a white light). Any interaction with the power button, or any other buttons for that matter, result in nothing, it simply will not turn on again.
    Any help or advice? Thank you for reading.
    Aussey105HD likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    12 times
    A few things to try:

1) Keep holding down the power button for a long time. If it's stuck in some kind of a loop this could force it to shutdown and allow it to restart.

2) Keep your eye on the little white indicator light above the screen next to the front-facing camera. This light should come on during the power up process. If it's coming on, but you're not seeing anything on the display it could mean the system is powering up, but you can't tell because the screen isn't working.

3) Use a microHDMI to HDMI cable and try hooking it up to another display, such as a TV.

4) Try detaching the tablet from the keyboard dock. This is a long shot, but possibly something on the dock could be keeping the rest of the system from booting. I've seen this happen to PC's when something failed. In that case it was a defective modem keeping the rest of the system from powering up. Like I said, long shot, but easy enough to try.

5) Hold down the Window key while pressing the "P" key. This is the hotkey combination for switching from the internal display to an external one. This is very unlikely to be the issue though.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Hi guys, glad to have found this website!
    Im running into a problem; my Asus T200 (T200TA-CP003H). The other day I was using the T200 just fine when the device froze up and strips and cubes appeared all over the screen as some sort of graphic glitch. My first reaction was to hold down the power button a couple of seconds to turn the T200 off, which it did, but now it won't turn on again. The device was and is still charged (when I put it on AC it confirms a white light). Any interaction with the power button, or any other buttons for that matter, result in nothing, it simply will not turn on again.
    Any help or advice? Thank you for reading.
    Wyrd - We're very sorry that you're having this issue with your T200. Please send us an email of this problem description along with the serial number of your T200 to socialsupportus@asus.com.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you.

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: http://service.asus.com/
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    TheMarkster,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately none of your pointers lead to success. The little white indicator on the front side won't turn on either, and I kept pressing the power button several times with different durations, with and with the keyboard dock. I fear it's a hardware malfunction which would possibly explain the graphical glitches I first experienced. The glitch could be compared to that of a defect GPU on a PC, if you're familiar with that scenario.

Asus_USA, thank you, I've send an e-mail to the given address.

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome to the forums Wyrd .

The way you mentioned the problem arising, I would suggest it's something related to hardware not software, keeping the power button held for 5-8 seconds, should bring the device to boot at least you would notice the light next to the camera lit up for a successful boot (sometimes keep trying this method, until it actually boots), if you say it's charged try to boot without constantly having it plugged on the AC Power, that as well can have dire issues on the battery. However please keep us posted here on the updates by Asus_USA, so as to keep others aware of the solution provided in case of similar problems experienced by other users. Goodluck!
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    I to am having trouble booting my new T200TA not even one weak old.Press Power button the light next to the camera flashes on and the only thin that shows on the screen for a short time before shutting down is the battery with a Red band around the bottom about 1/8 of battery charge, I know that the battery is fully charged as it is always plugged in and when it was operating it indicated 97% charge. This is not he first time that this has happened, left it until next day and it booted up correctly but this is getting a little frustrating as I am about to leave for over seas for a month and I definitely do not need these problems away from home as I will most likely not have access to any other computers in this remote location. at the work station I do not shut down and when I go to start up only the battery shows then shuts down.
    Please Help

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussey105HD View Post
    I to am having trouble booting my new T200TA not even one weak old.Press Power button the light next to the camera flashes on and the only thin that shows on the screen for a short time before shutting down is the battery with a Red band around the bottom about 1/8 of battery charge, I know that the battery is fully charged as it is always plugged in and when it was operating it indicated 97% charge. This is not he first time that this has happened, left it until next day and it booted up correctly but this is getting a little frustrating as I am about to leave for over seas for a month and I definitely do not need these problems away from home as I will most likely not have access to any other computers in this remote location. at the work station I do not shut down and when I go to start up only the battery shows then shuts down.
    Please Help
    Sometimes when you press the power button the only thing that happens is you see the battery level indicator, and then it goes back off. You just have to get the hang of pressing it for the right length of time before letting go.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    All now is Good many Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    1 times
    Update: would like a defect screen indeed and is being send back for repairs.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkster View Post
    Sometimes when you press the power button the only thing that happens is you see the battery level indicator, and then it goes back off. You just have to get the hang of pressing it for the right length of time before letting go.
    Well, I'm so glad I signed up here! Having only bought a T200T yesterday evening, I was just about to post a rather panic-stricken question about why it didn't appear to be charging properly. I'd had it on charge for at least 8 hours, and yet every time I pressed the power button, all I would get was the battery charging indicator for a second and then it would switch off! So, presumably the answer is that if you just briefly press the power button you get the battery charge level and nothing else, but if you hold it down for a little longer the machine actually powers up. I wish the user guide had been clearer on that point: I've wasted a lot of time and energy for nothing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links