Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times

Power on issues - T200TA-C1-BL

When I hold down the power button, 4 things can happen, listed from most common to least:

1. It monitor turns on, displays the battery power, then turns back off. This happens even if it is showing me it is fully powered.
    2. The computer boots up as should be expected.
    3. Nothing happens.... I can press the button and depress it quickly, hold it down for 5 seconds, 10 seconds... nothing. It isn't that the battery is dead either, as this is sometimes followed by either the screen turning on and showing me the battery life, or at some random point of me pressing and depressing the power button, it finally turns on.
    4. The computer turns on, but resumes with the desktop. Usually, the computer always comes up with the ASUS boot screen, and doesn't resume exactly where I left it before closing the book. But every once in a while, it does.

I found a post that noted an issue with the T100 having an eerily similar issue;

Power Button issues resolved! - Engadget

So, I installed LiveUpdate, but it says that my files are up-to-date. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this power issue? Is it just my model, and should I have me warranty replace my unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome to the forums Oshimuri .

I am not sure but I don't quite understand your problem, from the looks of it, you have to simply hold the button till the device boots and you see the camera light lit up which means it booted successfully, then leave the power button alone. If you further keep it pressed for longer periods, you are basically turning the device on, then forcefully shutting it down, hence the reason it does not resume properly from where you left, when later you let go of the button. If you are seeing the Asus logo's alot, that means the computer has been forcefully shut down or restarted and is starting back up. Monitor meaning the tablet's 10 inch display will turn off automatically because it has to save power to turn it back on you simply have to press the power button 'once' not hold it or press any key/mouse if its connected to the dock to simply wake the device up, default usually is 4 minutes if not in use. You have to see your Control Panel > 'Power Management' options for such things as well and seeing if any option there is not to shutdown when you close the lid or so.

And lastly, do not rely on Asus Live Updates, it has been noticed that they are not providing actual latest updates, the place to look for updates for your T200TA is the official Asus Support & Drivers Page for T200TA,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T200TA

Don't worry the worst, you could replace it if the problems are related to hardware, since it's under warranty still.

Hope it helps, Good luck
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oshimuri View Post
    When I hold down the power button, 4 things can happen, listed from most common to least:

1. It monitor turns on, displays the battery power, then turns back off. This happens even if it is showing me it is fully powered.
    2. The computer boots up as should be expected.
    3. Nothing happens.... I can press the button and depress it quickly, hold it down for 5 seconds, 10 seconds... nothing. It isn't that the battery is dead either, as this is sometimes followed by either the screen turning on and showing me the battery life, or at some random point of me pressing and depressing the power button, it finally turns on.
    4. The computer turns on, but resumes with the desktop. Usually, the computer always comes up with the ASUS boot screen, and doesn't resume exactly where I left it before closing the book. But every once in a while, it does.

I found a post that noted an issue with the T100 having an eerily similar issue;

Power Button issues resolved! - Engadget

So, I installed LiveUpdate, but it says that my files are up-to-date. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this power issue? Is it just my model, and should I have me warranty replace my unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    oshimuri - We are sorry to hear about your notebook. Is this still an existing issue? If so, please email us at socialsupportus@asus.com with your serial number and this post for further assistance.

If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: http://service.asus.com/
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    I currently have the exact same issue. After the device is idle too long (more than 15 minutes), I cannot wake it up correctly even when plugged to an outlet. The only way to return to my desktop is to do a force reboot (hold the power button until the camera light is active and I hear the internal hard drive).

I'm running Windows 10 updated to the latest patch yesterday on an Asus Transformer Book T200TAC.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links