Thread: Two fingers scroll doesn't work when resuming from stand-by

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    4 times

Two fingers scroll doesn't work when resuming from stand-by

Hi everyone, my Asus T200TA has the following problem, when resuming from stand-by (simply pushing the power button with Windows 8.1 started) sometimes the two finger scroll does not works anymore and I have to reboot my PC. I just tried reinstalling ATK and Smart Gesture software with no luck, could someone help me?

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Cloud81, are you noticing a delay when you use it? Like it doesn't work immediately but starts working after 1-2 secs of delay, then it's fine? Is this what your noticing? Or the device simply runs but your two finger scroll doesn't happen? Have you looked in the Asus Smart Gesture to see if it's enabled even? You can open that from pressing the ^ arrow on your taskbar bottom right, double clicking on the Touchpad icon which says 'Asus Smart Gesture' then check the two finger scroll page option. If it's active, I would suggest removing the Asus Gesture Driver, and using the default one from MS, to see the behavior.

Let us know, good luck
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Cloud81, are you noticing a delay when you use it? Like it doesn't work immediately but starts working after 1-2 secs of delay, then it's fine? Is this what your noticing? Or the device simply runs but your two finger scroll doesn't happen? Have you looked in the Asus Smart Gesture to see if it's enabled even? You can open that from pressing the ^ arrow on your taskbar bottom right, double clicking on the Touchpad icon which says 'Asus Smart Gesture' then check the two finger scroll page option. If it's active, I would suggest removing the Asus Gesture Driver, and using the default one from MS, to see the behavior.

Let us know, good luck
    Hi Caster, thanks for your reply. No delay for me, only the two finger scroll SOMETIMES stops working after resuming from stand-by. I checked and it's enabled into the Asus Smart Gesture, I will try removing the Asus Gesture Driver and using the default one and come back here to let you know.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    11 times
    Same problem it started yesterday...
    Devices I Currently Work With(all have root)
    Asus MeMO Pad FHD 10 (ME302c - V5.0.21
    Asus Transformer T200 (Win8.1 64-bit / Ubuntu 12.04)
    Samsung Galaxy S-3 (SCH-R530U - U.S.Cellular)
    Huawei Fusion 2 (U8665 - Unlocked)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    4 times

Let us know, good luck
    Sorry Caster, how can I actually remove only the asus gesture driver from Win8.1?

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    You can right-click Start > 'Program and Features' > Uninstall Asus Smart Gesture, reboot. Keep a handy USB mouse just in case, to Scan Device Manager for Hardware changes, if it doesn't install the driver automatically upon restart.
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    126 times

Welcome

A belated welcome to the forum

I had this and a few other touchpad problems on my T100 most were solved by turning OFF any gestures I don't really need, I use the tablet touchscreen instead of the touchpad for those. Restart the T200 after making changes just to be sure.
    My setup now is as follows:
    One Finger All are selected
    Two Fingers Only Scroll is selected
    Three Fingers None are selected
    Edge Gesture None are selected

Good luck
    cloud81 likes this.
    Asus Transformer Book T100TA - Windows 10 (1607) 32 bit - CPU Z3740 - BIOS 314 - 32GB SSD - 500GB HD - 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC Card UHS-1 Class 10 (NTFS)
    Asus MemoPad HD 7 - Android - 16GB

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    4 times
    You can right-click Start > 'Program and Features' > Uninstall Asus Smart Gesture, reboot. Keep a handy USB mouse just in case, to Scan Device Manager for Hardware changes, if it doesn't install the driver automatically upon restart.
    thanks caster but if I remove asus smart gesture then I will not be able anymore to use the two finger scrolls, is it right?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FrillyBits View Post
    A belated welcome to the forum

I had this and a few other touchpad problems on my T100 most were solved by turning OFF any gestures I don't really need, I use the tablet touchscreen instead of the touchpad for those. Restart the T200 after making changes just to be sure.
    My setup now is as follows:
    One Finger All are selected
    Two Fingers Only Scroll is selected
    Three Fingers None are selected
    Edge Gesture None are selected

Good luck
    hi thanks for the suggestion, I'll try and let you know. This problem is making me crazy!

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cloud81 View Post
    thanks caster but if I remove asus smart gesture then I will not be able anymore to use the two finger scrolls, is it right?
    You are correct, by uninstalling Asus Smart Gesture, you are removing the two finger scroll too. I have however noticed something else, while trying to search for a different solution for you, I came to notice Asus has started pushing Asus T100 Chi drivers on the T100 Chi page, which is the newer model of the T100 coming this year soon, while doing so, Asus Smart Gesture has been updated quite alot from this link, and it seems on the official support page of T200TA, the latest model shows the following upon observation,

T200TA Asus Smart Gesture v3.0.8 (dated 31/10/2014) on official Support & Drivers page (expand Touchpad) you can change/switch OS if yours is 64/32bit,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T200TA

T100CHI Asus Smart Gesture v3.0.12 (dated 20/01/2015) on official Support & Drivers page (expand Touchpad) you can change/switch OS if yours is 64/32bit,
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS Smart Gesture

From the looks of it, there are alot of drivers updated on the 'T100 CHI' page which match the 'T100TA/T200TA' and are updated as of this last month Jan. In order to experiment, I have went ahead and uninstalled the T100TA Asus Smart Gesture which was V2.2.16 and installed the latest V3.0.12 which seems to be of the chi model, and it has been working great. I did not had the issue like you did with the Two Finger Page Scroll, but noticed this might be something which can help you to fix your issue, if the above suggestion by Frilly does not work, you can try the latest driver released for T100 Chi since its updated recently, as I am using that and it is working perfectly fine without any issues on my T100TA so far with all the gestures enabled. You will need to have at least the ATK Package version V1.0.0020 installed or higher for the latest Asus Smart Gesture software to be installed, my T100TA had the ATK Package V1.0.0033.

Hope it helps

Since knowing this, I will go and try all of the chi drivers one by one, definitely, knowing they are updated. And as far as using the Asus G Series laptops for so long, I know this for a fact the newer model pages gets the updates, while the old pages of older models doesn't seem to update except BIOS.
    cloud81 and o_neto like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links