Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Not POWERING ON. just blinking ORANGE light

I have the asus t200 2gb RAM model. used it for internet browsing, a game of league of legends and watched 1 movie. after all that i shut it down. the next morning, its not turning ON. i tried plugging it in with the charger but it only blinks an orange led light near the power button.
    i tried holding the power button 10-20sec. and even tried combinations like power+volume button/power+windows button. still nothing......

what is the problem? what caused this? any solutions?

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome to the forums Gnex .

I have seen this orange light blinking on my T100 and basically it means, that there is no charge left for it to wake/boot and it might have not even went to sleep. I would suggest doing the following, do no interaction with the Power button, keep the device on AC Charge (different port then the one you already tried) for 10-12 hours without any interaction constantly on AC. During the above 10-12 hours charge cycle, you will see the light turning to consistent orange with the blinking gone when it's on AC power after a while, which means it's on charge and will eventually be white meaning it's charged is full and ready to be used. Have a look at the T100 Master Help Guide in my signature, it's very similar to the T200 and will provide you much more information concerning all types of issues/recommendations !

Hope it helps, let us know either way.
    Proud Owner of Asus 100TA-DK024H, Asus ROG G750JZ, Asus TF700
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Forum Rules - Wifi was Working - Now Disconnected? - Wifi Tips & Tricks
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)
    Android Master Help Guide - T100 Master Help Guide

EvL
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello three,

I also have this problem. I have a power cyclo for more then one day but stil the led is blinking Orange.

Can Anyone help????

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Welcome to the forums EvL , have you tried exactly as how my post explains above? Try that as I mentioned and if that doesn't help, then try to use a USB to your desktop or another machine to see if the laptop changes light into charging, if all three of these won't work then I would suggest simply going for a replacement as this is not how it's supposed to be and it should charge at least which basically means the battery is dead however I doubt that to be exact.
    Use it daily, I get around 9-10 or more hours per charge daily - Bios 313 - Please use search in the forums, and refer to Guides under every section they are very helpful!
    Z3775 Graphics Card Driver Update/Details/Processor Details (How Much Mhz/VRAM does it have!)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Welcome to the forums EvL , have you tried exactly as how my post explains above? Try that as I mentioned and if that doesn't help, then try to use a USB to your desktop or another machine to see if the laptop changes light into charging, if all three of these won't work then I would suggest simply going for a replacement as this is not how it's supposed to be and it should charge at least which basically means the battery is dead however I doubt that to be exact.

the tablet powered on now. but the LED light near the power button is still blinking orange? what does that mean?

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    Good at least it powered on , What is the color of the blinking? If it's orange blinking It means the battery level is critical, put it on AC and charge it thorough for 10-12 hours straight without use, also note the battery percent right now. When you connect it during the orange blinking it should be orange constant meaning its on charge. If it's white blinking, there's a hardware problem and most likely you need to take it back for repair, because it should only show the orange blinking at critical percent of battery, not white.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnex View Post
    I have the asus t200 2gb RAM model. used it for internet browsing, a game of league of legends and watched 1 movie. after all that i shut it down. the next morning, its not turning ON. i tried plugging it in with the charger but it only blinks an orange led light near the power button.
    i tried holding the power button 10-20sec. and even tried combinations like power+volume button/power+windows button. still nothing......

what is the problem? what caused this? any solutions?
    Gnex - We a truly sorry to hear of your T200's power issues. We would love to help you get this solved. For assistance please contact us via email at socialsupportus@asus.com. Within your email may you please include your T200's serial number and a detailed explanation of the issue (when it started, etc).

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you,

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: http://service.asus.com/
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    My wife just purchased a T100 and encountered a similar problem. Orange light simply blinked, whether plugged into the AC adapter or a USB port on a computer. And this was after charging overnight. Twice. She's sending the product in for a replacement (it literally never powered on) but I was wondering if there was a known issue with the internal power supply?

It also didn't seem to me that the blinking orange light was normal either. Even when it was lit is seemed to flicker with almost pattern-like consistency. Hopefully this is a fluke and the replacement will work properly. If not, I'll be back here.

AMP
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    Welcome to the forums Gnex .

I have seen this orange light blinking on my T100 and basically it means, that there is no charge left for it to wake/boot and it might have not even went to sleep. I would suggest doing the following, do no interaction with the Power button, keep the device on AC Charge (different port then the one you already tried) for 10-12 hours without any interaction constantly on AC. During the above 10-12 hours charge cycle, you will see the light turning to consistent orange with the blinking gone when it's on AC power after a while, which means it's on charge and will eventually be white meaning it's charged is full and ready to be used. Have a look at the T100 Master Help Guide in my signature, it's very similar to the T200 and will provide you much more information concerning all types of issues/recommendations !

Hope it helps, let us know either way.
    I have same issue - Orange Blinking light. Tablet turns on if i keep the Power and Volume button pressed BUT as soon as I let go the power button, it turns off. I tried all options you have suggested. i have also contacted Asus Technical Support. They said i will cost me $199.96 to fix it. Please help.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AMP View Post
    I have same issue - Orange Blinking light. Tablet turns on if i keep the Power and Volume button pressed BUT as soon as I let go the power button, it turns off. I tried all options you have suggested. i have also contacted Asus Technical Support. They said i will cost me $199.96 to fix it. Please help.
    Hello AMP, allow us to extend our apologies about the inconveniences that this has caused and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. Have you already tried a different charger or different power outlet? An orange light would mean that the device is running low on battery power. Have you tested with connecting the device to a computer to trickle charge? Also, what's the model of your Transformer device?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links