Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    My model# is T100TAF I received the tablet as broken yesterday. After unplugging the battery and pressing/holding power button for a few seconds then reinserting, I did get a blinking orange light to appear while plugged into a 2.1v USB charging outlet. It does not blink in a pattern, it blinks sporadically, in no apparent sequence. I then joined back together with keyboard/dock and still no display or any other signs of life beyond a dim, blinking orange light. As I didn't purchase the tablet, I have no loss, I am just curious as it seems this thread was close to an answer. Is the battery bad or just the battery charging board? I tested voltage and the battery seems to be trying to charge, but after 4 hours of charging I still cannot get a display. I will leave charge over-night and see if I get anything different to happen on a surge protector. I'd appreciate any direction!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times
    mine (or actually my mothers) T100TAF was also suddenly black and doing nothing. after last weekend there was some progress: we removed the back and disconnected the battery connector from the mainbord. Suddenly, the orange light appeared, indicating there was power. The tablet booted and after that we shut down and connected the battery again. then the battery was charging and the tablet was working again (despite that time and date were left at march 2019) so I assumed the cmos battery was empty.

But I also noticed the battery was not charging, it stayed at 13%. even after some time I assume the battery was completely empty, the tablet did respond to anything. There was only an orange light shining. But booting the tablet did not work. I once again opened up the tablet and noticed the battery connector was somehow playing a key role in this. just sliding it a little bit out of the mainbord connector brought up a blinking orange light again. I waited, waited and waited more, but it never stopped blinking.
    When I checked this morning after leaving it connected to the ac adapter for the whole night, it still was blinking. As I read, blinking orange lights means critical power level. But that would mean the battery is not working at all anymore?

I am somewhat lost what the problem might be before taking next steps:
    -how to get enough charging level to be able to install latest bios update?
    -order new micro usb connector from ebay?
    -order new battery?
    -something else?

I hope I can find out what the problem is, the tablet was working fine last saturday after we were able to power it up again, I am almost 100% sure it is some hardware issue regarding power supply.

anyone have a clue what blinking orange light means if it keeps blinking and never stops blinking and keeps orange?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links