Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Caster
  • 2 Post By smiller77

Thread: [SOLVED] T200 Transformer Wifi suddenly not working - not even recognising network

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times

[SOLVED] T200 Transformer Wifi suddenly not working - not even recognising network

I have an Asus Transformer T200 laptop/tablet (windows 8), at first i connected it to the home wifi with no issues. Suddenly a few days later it isn't connected, and when ive tried to reconnect, it just says 'no networks found', this is wrong as multiple other devices are connected to the wifi. If i troubleshoot it just says to plug an ethernet cable in which is no help as it needs to be wireless. Anyone know what's wrong?

Apologies if this has been answered before, i searched but couldn't find the exact same problem.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    902 times
    Welcome to the forum Smiller77. Have you tried rebooting, your T200...your router?
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Welcome to the forum Smiller77. Have you tried rebooting, your T200...your router?
    Thanks. Yes I have tried rebooting both a few times but to no avail. It's been like this for a few days now.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    If I had to theorize, I'd suspect an unsolicited Windows update revised your T200 network device driver.

Have you tried rolling back your driver? After rolling back, restart your T100. And then change Windows update from auto to notify.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Starscream
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    255 times
    smiller77, Seems to me, that the device Wifi is not functioning properly or malfunctioned it should at least let you connect and fail if it would to throw an error but seeing it says 'No Networks found' means its not even looking properly, if it was working fine before it should do it even now, follow the below steps,

1) Try to put the device on Airplane Mode, Go to your 'Charms' (move the mouse all way to the right till you see your 'Charms' bar, Settings > Wifi (top left on the bottom) > Airplane (Switch to On from the top)
    2) Turn the Airplane Mode off after 10 secs same way as Point #1, it should re-enable your Wifi, see if it connects automatically and recognizes your network, if it does great job well done
    3) If it doesn't press FN (Function Key) + F2 on the keyboard after steps 1 & 2, you will disable the Wifi, press it back on (after 5 secs) to turn the Wifi On, see if it connects or the Icon changes and you can see your Wifi in the list
    4) If it still says 'No Networks Found', right click on Start Icon > Device Manager > Expand Networks > Right Click Wifi Network Adapter and disable it, wait for 5 secs and re-enable it again
    5) If it still says 'No Networks Found', restart the device after doing all 4 above steps and see the behavior

Now please state the below if all 4 above options fail,
    1) Are you sure, you don't see any Wifi when you normally click on the Wifi Icon? Is it crossed? How is the icon all together.
    2) Have you done anything recent, any installation, windows update? Wifi card updates?

Let us know, how it works out for you , and post your findings.
    janner43 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rickscheller View Post
    If I had to theorize, I'd suspect an unsolicited Windows update revised your T200 network device driver.

Have you tried rolling back your driver? After rolling back, restart your T100. And then change Windows update from auto to notify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    smiller77, Seems to me, that the device Wifi is not functioning properly or malfunctioned it should at least let you connect and fail if it would to throw an error but seeing it says 'No Networks found' means its not even looking properly, if it was working fine before it should do it even now, follow the below steps,

1) Try to put the device on Airplane Mode, Go to your 'Charms' (move the mouse all way to the right till you see your 'Charms' bar, Settings > Wifi (top left on the bottom) > Airplane (Switch to On from the top)
    2) Turn the Airplane Mode off after 10 secs same way as Point #1, it should re-enable your Wifi, see if it connects automatically and recognizes your network, if it does great job well done
    3) If it doesn't press FN (Function Key) + F2 on the keyboard after steps 1 & 2, you will disable the Wifi, press it back on (after 5 secs) to turn the Wifi On, see if it connects or the Icon changes and you can see your Wifi in the list
    4) If it still says 'No Networks Found', right click on Start Icon > Device Manager > Expand Networks > Right Click Wifi Network Adapter and disable it, wait for 5 secs and re-enable it again
    5) If it still says 'No Networks Found', restart the device after doing all 4 above steps and see the behavior

Now please state the below if all 4 above options fail,
    1) Are you sure, you don't see any Wifi when you normally click on the Wifi Icon? Is it crossed? How is the icon all together.
    2) Have you done anything recent, any installation, windows update? Wifi card updates?

Let us know, how it works out for you , and post your findings.
    Thank you both very much for the answers! I tried the numbered instructions first, turning airplane mode on and off didn't change anything, but disabling the network adapter and enabling it like you suggested in number 4 seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks again, you've saved a lot of stress and hassle!
    sculptedstylus and Caster like this.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Moved from T100 section to T200 section & marked as SOLVED

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times

worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    The process wasn't exactly like that for me. But I did find the wireless adapter in the Device Manager, disabled and re-enabled it, and it worked. Network found and connected. Thanks.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links