Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Soundwave
    Member #
    74663
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    3 times

    Recovery Partition safe to delete?

    Wondering if the recovery partition of the t200 can be used to add to the drive capacity. My t200 only has 32GB eMMC and it is always damn nearly full. I read that it is using something called wimboot and don't know how to confirm that it does.

  2. #2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    74682
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Posts
    6
    Liked
    0 times
    No not in the T200....I believe recovery files are being used by the system. I sincerely hope you don't play games....

  3. #3
    Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    41525
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Posts
    981
    Liked
    233 times
    32GB and smaller system drive sizes would normally default to WIMBoot, it puts most of the installation onto a compressed WIM file and allows Windows to be installed even on a 16GB drive with room to spare and doubles as the recovery partition as well... but you shouldn't be that short on space on a 32GB unless it's either not using WIMBoot or you already got a lot of bloat loaded...

    Anyway, just check the Disk Management to see if there is a recovery partition and if there is just create a USB drive recovery before you delete it because that's your only backup otherwise... If not there then you likely got a WIMBoot and you'd have to find and get rid of anything you don't need or shouldn't be there, as well as see about putting what you can on either a microSD and/or a drive in the KB dock... Updates, for example, can eat up space but unless you need to uninstall them then a lot can have the original installation files deleted or you can look into updating the WIM file image to have the updates integrated...

  4. #4
    Soundwave
    Member #
    74663
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    32GB and smaller system drive sizes would normally default to WIMBoot, it puts most of the installation onto a compressed WIM file and allows Windows to be installed even on a 16GB drive with room to spare and doubles as the recovery partition as well... but you shouldn't be that short on space on a 32GB unless it's either not using WIMBoot or you already got a lot of bloat loaded...

    Anyway, just check the Disk Management to see if there is a recovery partition and if there is just create a USB drive recovery before you delete it because that's your only backup otherwise... If not there then you likely got a WIMBoot and you'd have to find and get rid of anything you don't need or shouldn't be there, as well as see about putting what you can on either a microSD and/or a drive in the KB dock... Updates, for example, can eat up space but unless you need to uninstall them then a lot can have the original installation files deleted or you can look into updating the WIM file image to have the updates integrated...
    I probably have to read up more on wimboot and the recovery in case I mess things up. I did not know that the wim file can be updated or streamlined into the file. I will post my disk managment later so you guys could see and check if it is similar with other peoples t200s.

  5. #5
    Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    41525
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Posts
    981
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by koyut View Post
    I probably have to read up more on wimboot and the recovery in case I mess things up. I did not know that the wim file can be updated or streamlined into the file. I will post my disk managment later so you guys could see and check if it is similar with other peoples t200s.
    There's a topic in the T100 section you should probably read through, which covers WIMBoot...

    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...one-tried.html

  6. #6
    Soundwave
    Member #
    74663
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    There's a topic in the T100 section you should probably read through, which covers WIMBoot...

    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...one-tried.html
    Thanks will start with that. Anyway here is a screenshot of the c: in diskmanagement. It says it is wimboot so that must be it. Now to figure out how to include updates inside the wim file to save more space.

    Image 1.png

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Deleting the Recovery Partition (please help!)
    By olexbolex in forum Asus Transformer Book T200 Help
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-21-2016, 05:00 AM
  2. I want that darn 8GB recovery partition
    By vboyz103 in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-15-2015, 01:45 PM
  3. Custom Recovery Partition
    By ninjasinaruto in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 05:03 AM
  4. No ROM for Recovery Partition?
    By Skywalker in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2014, 07:48 PM
  5. Missing memory after RMA (Recovery partition)
    By Chuckw40 in forum Asus Transformer Book T100 General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 PM.