Thread: Screen Glass Replacement

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times

Screen Glass Replacement

Hello everyone, I'm new on this board and I have a problem that we may all face in the future : broken screen glass

Basically the screen is still perfectly working but because I dropped my computer on the floor there is a huge "crack" on the screen, making the touch function not working any more.

So now here's the problem : there is no way to order replacement parts for this computer/tablet.

Does anyone have experience opening up the T200 ?
    I saw this one ebay : link here
    It's a Touch Screen Digitizer for the Asus Vivobook s200, do you think it could work ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    You have 1 year accidental damage warranty. Or this is not an option for you?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Velenje View Post
    You have 1 year accidental damage warranty. Or this is not an option for you?
    Thanks for you answer !

I sent a mail to ASUS but they told me I will have to wait for them to tell me how much it's going to cost.
    The guy in the mail told me that it could be around 120 euros !
    And it can take time... (I'm a student, this computer is so usefull I need it everyday !) so unless I'm sure of the price they are going to ask for I won't send it back.
    Oh and if I refuse to pay the price ASUS wants I still have to pay 75 euros anyway so I didn't heard of any warranty from them.

So yeah I don't really know how to make the warranty work, I didn't got an extra one in the shop I bought it.

One ebay seller asked me to open up the tablet to take pictures of the "Touch Glass" connector to see if the model he had for the Vivobook s200 can be compatible.
    Anyone here has experience opening up the ASUS T200 here ?
    It's impossible to get any information on this model online, did ASUS sold a lot of them so we can hope for more support in a few times ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Asusparts.eu lists parts for the t200 but i did not see anything screen related. Yesterday i opened mine to fix a screen bleeding problem. You need a guitar pick (medium to heavy works best) and you start near the camera module....on assembly do the corners first and then work your way to the middle of each side.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionlab View Post
    Asusparts.eu lists parts for the t200 but i did not see anything screen related. Yesterday i opened mine to fix a screen bleeding problem. You need a guitar pick (medium to heavy works best) and you start near the camera module....on assembly do the corners first and then work your way to the middle of each side.
    Thanks for your answer !
    I didn't tried to open it yet (Since it's broken I don't want to make it worst) but thanks for your advice, I might try it sometime to get the references and post it here !

I sent a mail to Asusparts.eu to see if they may have something for me, or at least to make them contact their suppliers to know if T200 - TA touchscreen might be made. But yeah I will keep in touch with you guys, if I find the parts I might make on the first "screen replacement" video for this model !
    Swipe likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey guys, I have some update !
    I found a chinese website selling the screen + the digitizer for 100$
    11.6'' Laptop lcd screen +Touch digitizer For ASUS Transformer Book T200 T200TA UX303 lcd assembly HN116WX1 100 -in Laptop LCD Screen from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
    I e-mailed the seller and the thing comes as a whole, so no way to buy the digitizer only...

But I might get it anyway (I could still use the spare screen to build a small desktop monitor or something) since Asus asked me around 150$ to repair the digitizer...It's such a shame because I use this laptop everyday and I love it ! (well, appart from the size of the main SSD ^^)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Hello again,
    I still didn't ordered it but I'm about to since a few people are now selling them on aliexpress and ebay (please let me know if you have any other places to buy one)

It's around 60 euros in most cases so I'll go and buy one of theses in a few weeks !

By the way I'm a bit surprised no one else broke his screen, I only dropped it once and the touchscreen just..gave up !

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    No worries mate, you are not the only one. My screen also broke. It happened while I was attaching tablet to the keyboard!

Ofc Asus warranty service declined to repair it. They said it was mechanical damage done by user's fault... Yeah right, I attached that tablet to keyboard numerous times and everything was ok. They told me they will charge me for around 50 Euros just for diagnosing the damage, (It raised a nice image in my mind where asus service guys say: "yes, he was right, the digitizer is broken"), another 50 Euros for repair and ofc I would have to pay for new digitizer aswell and for the transport.

Because of that I also plan to replace digitizer myself. I was observing the prices lately and I can see that they are still reducing (currently 50$ for t200 11,6 inch and 18$ for t100 10.1 inch) therefore It's a wise decision to wait a bit longer. After all I still have a fully functional laptop now >.

Regards

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    No worries mate, you are not the only one
    I have to admit it kinda feels good to hear that ahah

Could you tell me a bit more about how you broke it ? Did it literally just cracked by pushing the keyboard into the screen ? That's seems awful !

For the prices I think you're right, I didn't even used the touchscreen that much when I still had it working so I feel bad putting 50$ for such a small improvement !
    I hope prices will drop quick, have anyone followed the prices of the digitizer for the T100 at the time ?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, It was exactly as I previously said, I tried to attach the tablet to the keyboard and boom! It cracked. Digitizer was still working that time, but after I detached and attached it again, It stopped working. Maybe the hinges were doing too much pressure during attaching the tablet...

Btw the prices are reducing way faster than I have thought. Digitizer costs now 42,5$ (free shipping) on Aliexpress. I think I gonna buy mine next week.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links