View Poll Results: Do you have battery wear on your T200?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 39.02%
  • No

0 0%
  • Haven't checked

5 12.20%
  • Less than 10%

7 17.07%
  • 10-20%

23 56.10%
  • More than 20%

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: T200 Battery Capacity - Battery wear - Battery Drain... discussion thread

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times

T200 Battery Capacity - Battery wear - Battery Drain... discussion thread

I bought a T200 last week and ran Battery Usage Report.

powercfg /batteryreport /output %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\battery_report.html

My results show that although the battery capacity is 18750mWh, my machine only charges to around 16800mWh. I have charged it 3 times and the full capacity has fluctuated between 16700-16900mWh.

Batt.png

Is this normal??? I wondered whether Asus deliberately stop charging early to prevent the battery over charging.

Cheers
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 10-12-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your reply, this does not bode well.... I think I will Asus a call tomorrow about this issue as losing 10% battery capacity after 3 charges is really quite poor

Anyone else having similar battery problems?
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 10-13-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FVH View Post
    I have owned my T200TA for not even 2 weeks ........... lost 11% ?!?!?
    This is my T200 64GB . It's normal ?

Screenshot 2014-10-13 12.41.34.png

My battery life 's about 5-6 hours. And u?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Hi all,

We now have a T200 FAQ sticky thread that covers (amongst other things) battery care & maintenance which will hopefully prove informative here.

Additionally, there is a T100 Battery section in the T100 area of the forum that has many threads on this subject for the T100 - I think they would prove informative. There are a couple in particular, both stickied in that section that would lead me to suggest (if memory serves) that actually, there isn't anything wrong & that this is just a Windows reporting "thing". If you look after your battery in the way suggested in the FAQ, then I doubt you'll have a problem.

All manufacturers tend to follow the following pattern with charging...
    Start slowly... then increase to full charge rate. As the battery starts to get towards full (somewhere around the 93% point), the charge slows to a trickle to get eventually to 100%.

Hope that helps, all the best
    hoang likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times

20% Battery Drain Overnight

I put my slate to sleep last night and when I got up this morning it had lost 20% capacity....

It was detached from the dock and was in flight mode.

Could it be the system indexing?? Anyone else experienced such issues?

I am going to have a shufti of the T100 forums.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Hi Stormcrow,

I guess you are a Lord of the Rings fan from your username Gandalf didn't really like or warrant that name though - and wouldn't have got it if not for Saruman going over to the "dark side" (to mix "fictional metaphors"). I'm hoping you'll enjoy your time here on the forum, but as you'll already note, one of your posts has been edited for language & now I'm merging this one with your original thread on your battery issue. Please don't start multiple threads on the same issue - it just makes work for us to tidy up.

I have also adopted your thread as the official T200 battery discussion thread & edited the thread title accordingly & stuck the thread to make it easy to find.

I do think you'll find some helpful information in the T100 Battery section though & if you do glean something that can be brought back here, feel free to repeat it in this thread. I know there is a sticky thread all about T100 battery drain in sleep. And one other thing I remember is that Chrome browser is one of the biggest culprit with battery drain - well reported in the T100 section & the only fix is to fully uninstall it.

All the best
    hoang likes this.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    Oops, sorry Janner43

I have done some further investigtions into the sleep battery drain and there is a 34 page thread on the T100 area.... not happy reading.

I have noticed using the SleepStudy command that the CPU appears to be the cuprit.

Drain 1.png

D3.png

UPDATE

I have found out that System Maintenance was running at 4.30ish this morning even though I had unticked automatic maintenance. Looks like this may be the culprit, I shall see what happens tonight.... ooohhhh the excitement
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 10-13-2014 at 04:51 AM. Reason: I can't spell...

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Oops, sorry Janner43
    Not a problem, please don't worry about it.

We have a very friendly community here & one of the reasons is the policy of Forum Foundry (the forum owners) that we all follow simple rules of "family friendly" language & content together with politeness & respect - it's one of the biggest differences between FF sites and many other tech sites & forums. It is very nice and is what makes the place so popular. In an age where youngsters populate the "twittersphere" & dominate "facebooking" this forum in particular tends to get the "more mature" owner and we all seem able to express ourselves without recourse to those "alternative" forms of communication.

That doesn't mean we don't have divergent opinions at times & that is fine - we have even been known to criticise Microsoft, Windows, Google, Android, Apple & iOS...

I have noticed using the SleepStudy command that the CPU appears to be the cuprit...
    I have found out that System Maintenance was running at 4.30ish this morning even though I had unticked automatic maintenance. Looks like this may be the culprit, I shall see what happens tonight.... ooohhhh the excitement
    Looks like you are "on the case" - but to be honest with you, this sort of battery drain in sleep has been a "feature" of the entire Transformer range from the Android TF101 and all that range all the way through to the newest Windows based Transformer Book models. I personally think it is something to do with the detachable dock, but no-one has been able to come up with a really definitive answer.

All the best

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Looks like you are "on the case" - but to be honest with you, this sort of battery drain in sleep has been a "feature" of the entire Transformer range from the Android TF101 and all that range all the way through to the newest Windows based Transformer Book models. I personally think it is something to do with the detachable dock, but no-one has been able to come up with a really definitive answer.

All the best
    I have a Fujitsu Q702 that has a tablet and dock just like the Transformers. When the tablet is in the dock, there is a small blue LED that glows on the dock even when the tablet is powered off. I don't think the LED is a significant power drain, but it does suggest that the dock is awake for some reason even when the tablet is powered off. So, this seems to confirm your suspicion that the dock is somehow responsible for the Transformer battery drain.

Regards, Jim

Duh, I just seem to remember that I posted something about this on the TF101 forum back in the dark ages.

Jim
    Last edited by hawkeye62; 10-17-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    0 times
    I actually just created an account (after lurking for ages) to ask about this-- I have a T100 and love it, just got my dad a T200 for his birthday last week and he totally loves it as well, but I noticed when setting it up that it was showing the battery wear at 11% out of the box (using HWMonitor 1.25)-- my T100 is only showing 4% wear after 6 months of ownership and daily use (and every 2-3 day charging)!

From this thread it appears to just be a "thing" but probably worth keeping an eye on? Or contacting Asus about now?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links