View Poll Results: Do you have battery wear on your T200?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 39.02%
  • No

0 0%
  • Haven't checked

5 12.20%
  • Less than 10%

7 17.07%
  • 10-20%

23 56.10%
  • More than 20%

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: T200 Battery Capacity - Battery wear - Battery Drain... discussion thread

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dflute View Post
    Just a tip to anyone subscribed to this thread, but dashrendar's tip here solved my sleep battery drain issue:

Solution:
    Finally, after digging through my device manager, I noticed a component called "Realtek USB FE Family Controller" I believe this is for the Ethernet port and controller that's in the keyboard of the T200. Since the screen is the main computer/tablet, I think the dock is really one giant USB connection that connects a keyboard, an Ethernet adapter port, a couple of USB ports, etc. So this driver is for Ethernet USB network.

I opened its Properties, clicked "Advanced" and I noticed that "Selective suspend" was set to "Disable". I enabled that and BAM! My battery drain improved dramatically.

I went from about 1% every quarter hour to less than 1% each hour (1.5 hours = 1% drain in sleep mode), which I consider acceptable.

This solution has not worked. The only solution for me was to completely disable the ethernet port. Now in an hour of standby consumption of just under 1%.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    2 times
    That's interesting! I may disable the ethernet port as well since I never use it. I use to use them more when travelling for work, but I've not stayed anywhere that didn't have wifi if they have high speed internet at all in several years and can always re-enable it later. I'm all about prolonging battery life!

mj0
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    4 times
    Quite frankly I was shocked by the T200's massive battery drain. I don't get how 1% per hour could be acceptable. My wife's 2007 MacBook has a ~15% per day battery drain but we're talking about an eight year old laptop here, all our other devices (iPad, MacBook, Thinkpad) have 1-2% standby drain. PER DAY!

Either way, I get that these are expensive gadgets compared to this cheap device and that ASUS had to make cuts. I just wish they weren't that drastic. I've enabled the NIC's "selective suspend" last night (does it need a reboot to be properly recognized and applied?), then left the T200 in standby for roughly 23 hours and it went from 70% to 44%. I have now disabled the NIC completely since I don't intend on using it, hopefully this'll improve things a little. Thanks for the hint, anyway.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm a new owner of an Asus t200 (the cp018h version!), have been reading all the pages of this topic because as a university student, having no battery issues is basically fundamental. Thanks to your tips, the drain while sleeping seems to be solved, but still remains the "18.750mWh issue".. I will contact the asus support as soon as possible, to understand if the problem concerns Windows or if actually only half of the battery is available for use (even though I'm pretty sure they would never admit the problem).
    Except that, my wear level is around 6%, doesn't seem a good level to me, but I saw many of you have twice as much, so I have to consider myself quite lucky!

Edit: Few websites report that the battery is a 2-cells, not 3 as written earlier in this topic.. so the thing that one of the cells is not recognized starts to make sense! What a mistery!
    Last edited by volpe96; 08-06-2015 at 02:20 AM.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times

T200 battery drain in sleep mode

I bought the T200TA-C1-BL (64 bit) several months ago, after returning a T100. The T100 was too small for me, but it did keep the battery level while sleeping.

The T200 drains the battery significantly while in sleep mode. I've done a lot of searches on this topic for the T200, without any success. I hope it is simply a configuration setting and not a hardware flaw with the T200.

I am currently running Windows 10 Home, but had the same problem with Windows 8.1.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2827 times
    It's a shame your searches didn't turn up this longstanding and well used sticky thread for the T200!

Thread merged

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    Don't know why I didn't look at this thread earlier. I even posted in it a few months back!

For me the trick was the "Realtek USB FE Family Controller", mentioned in this thread. In my case, Selective suspend was already set to Enabled, so no change was needed there. But then I tried to manual disable Ethernet, as one poster suggested, and then I got the desired results.

I compared two sleep study sessions, before and after the change. Each was roughly 1:15 duration (1.25 hours). Before the change, there was 8% battery drain. After the change, it dropped to 1%. These are similar results mentioned by others. While I don't like manaully disabling the Ethernet device, it is better than watching my battery drain on standby. Besides, I rarely use Ethernet anyway, would likely use it on a charger if I did. The test was done with powercfg sleepstudy from an elevated command prompt.

I'll report back after a few days and see if the fix sticks or not!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    0 times
    I had some battery drainage when docked to keyboard, looks like i found a solution for me. Changed in bios the usb settings from xhci to ehci. Dont have hdd in the dock and dont use to much usb 3. Donno is it afecting somthing more

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    So, I suppose that reporting a 18Mwh by battery bar is normal? After 15 month of using my T200 (4gb RAM, 32ROM, Z3795), battery bar reports 19.8% of battery unavailability. What about yours?Screenshot (4).png

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links