Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The T200 Gaming "chit-chat" thread.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    I've only tried sims 3 on default resolution and low settings which plays fine with fps above 60, euro truck simulator 2 won't go above 25 fps for me which makes it unplayable for me.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times

Additional T200 info

**EDIT**
    1. All games installed on 120GB SSD in the dock
    2. Most games are are the Steam version of the games (Steam is a digital game provider)
    3. Tweaked power settings and graphics settings on desktop prior to playing any games

How to Survive
    Runs about 20-25 FPS at native resolution and lowest graphic settings. Almost playable, but input is lagged.

Left 4 Dead 2
    Runs about 20 fps with action on recommended settings (game recommendation). Almost playable but input is very lagged.

Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
    Runs at 25-33 FPS with all settings turned as low as they will go at native resolution. Playable, but is slightly choppy.

Broforce
    Runs 10-25 FPS will all settings turned low at ANY resolution (lowest resolution looks like poo). Playable*

*Me and my daughter spent about 2 hours playing on our 65" TV (input naturally lags a little) she enjoyed it but load times were bothersome and the low frame rates gave it a constant slow motion effect. She had fun, because she loves the game (played with XBox 360 controllers), but she said the slow motion effect took away some of the fun.

Minecraft
    Totally playable at native resolution. Tweaking the graphics bumped up the framerates to be fluid, but even everything turned up all the way it's still 25-35 fps.

Plants vs. Zombies
    I can't remember the graphic settings, but it is totally playable. It's even touchscreen compatible. Touchscreen is a teensie bit off from the mobile phone version but it's a fun game even without the keyboard attached. I played this game a lot, even on my T100.

Hero's of Might and Magic 3: Complete (GOG.com purchase)
    Completely playable. Fun on the T100 also

Open X-Com & X-com: UFO Defense
    Completely playable and also one of my favorite 4X strategy games.

Magicite
    Framerate 20-60 FPS. There's no real tweaking the graphics settings but I have fun playing it on the T200 and T100

Kingdom Rush
    Completely playable. Touch enabled game, but like Plants vs. Zombies the controls are not exactly the same as on android.

Rebuild 2
    Totally playable. Fun touch enabled game, but controls are not exactly the same as on android.

Rebuild 3
    Totally playable. Touch enabled game. (I don't even know if it's out on android yet...)

Dungeon of the Endless
    Playable. Playable on the T100, also. Lot's of screen tearing and can lag into very low framerates sometimes.

Legend of Dungeon
    Playable 25-40 FPS. Tweak the settings to your liking, but screen tearing proves to be annoying.

Hero Siege
    Playable 20-50 fps. Tweak settings to your liking... I never could get use to the controls...

Wing Commander: Privateer
    Totally playable. Lot's of fun with this old game as long as you don't mind being blown up constantly. Great story and plays well on T100 as well.

Colonization (Dos Box Version)
    Totally playable, really old school Sid Meier game. Playable on T100 also and recommended if you like indie style strategy games. (Not to mention Dos Box turbo speed on demand to skip waiting for stupid stuff like A.I. turns)

Nintendo and Super Nintendo emulators work

That's all my testing for now... Will update as I test more.
    Last edited by benbillybobjoe; 01-11-2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Additional Information for Forum visitors
    Swipe likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Faster Than Light
    Totally playable. It's not a very CPU or GPU intensive game, and it's pretty fun to play. No delays or issues while playing it off of the SSD I put in the dock.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    EVE Online
    Way too much input lag to be playable. Even docked in station it is slow and unresponsive. Still works well enough to update your training queue. I didn't try to fly a mission, but after the severe input lag in station with minimal settings on everything, I doubt it would be very fun.

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by benbillybobjoe View Post
    EVE Online
    Way too much input lag to be playable. Even docked in station it is slow and unresponsive. Still works well enough to update your training queue. I didn't try to fly a mission, but after the severe input lag in station with minimal settings on everything, I doubt it would be very fun.
    Someone seems to have gotten it to work...

So should be doable if people have been playing this since Nvidia ION enhanced dual core ATOM systems back in the netbook days... Here's a video of Eve running on a old Eee PC 1201N...

Modern Bay Trail's have over twice that performance level... but with only 2GB of RAM you have to make sure there's enough free to properly run the game and the eMMC can be a cause of some lagging if it is actively being read/written to...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post

Modern Bay Trail's have over twice that performance level... but with only 2GB of RAM you have to make sure there's enough free to properly run the game and the eMMC can be a cause of some lagging if it is actively being read/written to...
    The t200 has 4GB of ram, and the eMMC SSD isn't slow. It's a good rig, but running EVE online is very taxing on the CPU. No real way to get around it. It's just input lag is bad, otherwise it's "playable". It won't crash or anything, just super annoying having around 300ms lag from mouse input or keyboard input.

**New Game added to list**

Dead Pixels

Very playable. Sometimes on survival mode or time attack, will get below 30 fps due to all the enemies on the screen. Choppy if you try to select the lighting graphical enhancement in startup options, but works great with default options (1366x768, fullscreen, and 'lighting effects' checkbox unchecked).

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    The t200 has 4GB of ram, and the eMMC SSD isn't slow.
    The T200 was originally released with only Z3770 and 2GB of RAM... Most users on this board are still limited to those more limited specs! So don't just go by the model number, the model with the Z3795 and 4GB of RAM is the newer release version and not everyone has one of those...

While the eMMC is slow... especially compared to a proper SSD! The eMMC is just faster than a HDD but not so much in terms of sequential/sustained read/writes but it's all we got to work with in these mobile SoC systems... It's mainly that the Z3795 is coupled with 4GB of RAM that really helps...

It's a good rig, but running EVE online is very taxing on the CPU. No real way to get around it.
    You're giving up too easily... Did you not watch the video showing it running on the old Eee PC 1201N? A modern Bay Trail T Z3795 ATOM has nearly triple the CPU performance compared to the old dual core ATOMs used in the 1201N and the Intel HD GMA is actually pretty comparable to the old Nvidia ION as well... So, if anything it should be running even better than it did on the 1201N...

Only reason it wouldn't be is because something is getting in the way!

Either the game isn't properly configured to make the best use of the hardware, could also be you're relying on the default low settings instead of the custom lowest settings, or something else running is getting in the way...

Games can be funny in what can effect performance and it could be something as simple as a single setting causing glitches, etc... or some other app causing a conflict in system resources...

Mind, if you have 4GB of RAM you can also change the default on the game cache settings...

Really, plenty of games are hard to run but people determined to get them to run have gotten plenty of hard to run games to run on even more limited hardware than you have! Whether by customizing the settings, setting a custom resolution that's easier to run, custom loading easier to run game elements and doing other mods to the game... The results aren't always pretty but a fair number of games can be shoehorned onto lesser systems...
    Caster and Swipe like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24 with dfhack and twbt plugin 5 layers
    4GB RAM 64GB eMMC version t200ta in tablet mode

25 fps on a 4x4 (or maybe it was 4x5) embark with 20 dwarfs on an ocean side with magma and caverns revealed. Fairly youngish fortress. Medium world.

This was mostly a test of something I would only play on a modern desktop CPU. Not bad for a $400 laptop. On screen keyboards leave much to be desired, though. The Windows 8.1 built in ones are complete garbage, even the one with numpad. Do I really have to pay $20 minimum for a customizable on screen keyboard to play roguelikes?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T200
    Liked
    1 times
    X3 Terran Conflict, also a fairly CPU intensive game, runs at about 30FPS in traffic light systems and drops to 14FPS during small fights between M3-M5 fighters with no heavy capital ship fire. No Civilian Ships mod activated. GPU settings on low. It's still playable. Best not use the trackpad though. You also can't use touchscreen in full screen mode.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links