Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T101HA
    Liked
    0 times

T101 wont start after windows up date.

I kept getting windows 10 update notices and kept being told there was not enough space on the tiny ssd so I could use a usb stick , so I went down that route and the download and installation all appeared to be ok til the t100 ha restarted and it opened with a blue screen asking for UEFI data?

I have tried the reboot method

1. Plug in the charger
    2. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
    3. Push the power button and tap on ""F2""
    4. Once into the BIOS, tap ""F9"" and select ""Yes""
    5. Then tap on ""F10"" and select ""Yes""
    6. Once the screen goes dark, start tapping on """"F9"""".
    7. Select ""Troubleshoot"".
    8. Select ""Reset"".

but when I get to step 6
    the screen goes dark but does not after repeated f9 tapping give a "troubleshoot" option it only again opens the start up blue screen again which show recovery error code 0xc000000f and suggests "use recovery media or press windows key for uefi

however if I press the windows key that opens the bios menu???

from where do I get recovery media,? it used to be a new laptop or notebook shipped with a clean reinstall disc but this 101ha has nothing so where do I get it from?

thanks every one.

UPDATE :- and where is the UN helpful offering from Asus technical.?????????

its here:-

Hello Alistair,

Thanks for getting back to me. We do not supply such discs at the moment, unfortunately I am not aware if we have even done that in the past. What we can do for you is, book an out of warranty repair, which will carry a charge or you can just visit your local IT shop and have it looked at there, as it would be faster and probably cheaper for you.

Let me know if I can help further!
    Kind Regards,
    Nikolay_M
    Asus Customer Service
    Asus Technical Support Site: http://support.asus.com
    Last edited by adwb; 04-03-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adwb View Post
    I kept getting windows 10 update notices and kept being told there was not enough space on the tiny ssd so I could use a usb stick , so I went down that route and the download and installation all appeared to be ok til the t100 ha restarted and it opened with a blue screen asking for UEFI data?

I have tried the reboot method

1. Plug in the charger
    2. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds
    3. Push the power button and tap on ""F2""
    4. Once into the BIOS, tap ""F9"" and select ""Yes""
    5. Then tap on ""F10"" and select ""Yes""
    6. Once the screen goes dark, start tapping on """"F9"""".
    7. Select ""Troubleshoot"".
    8. Select ""Reset"".

but when I get to step 6
    the screen goes dark but does not after repeated f9 tapping give a "troubleshoot" option it only again opens the start up blue screen again which show recovery error code 0xc000000f and suggests "use recovery media or press windows key for uefi

however if I press the windows key that opens the bios menu???

from where do I get recovery media,? it used to be a new laptop or notebook shipped with a clean reinstall disc but this 101ha has nothing so where do I get it from?

thanks every one.

UPDATE :- and where is the UN helpful offering from Asus technical.?????????

its here:-

Hello Alistair,

Thanks for getting back to me. We do not supply such discs at the moment, unfortunately I am not aware if we have even done that in the past. What we can do for you is, book an out of warranty repair, which will carry a charge or you can just visit your local IT shop and have it looked at there, as it would be faster and probably cheaper for you.

Let me know if I can help further!
    Kind Regards,
    Nikolay_M
    Asus Customer Service
    Asus Technical Support Site: http://support.asus.com
    Hi adwb, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. This device uses UEFI as its BIOS. It seems that during the installation, the partitions got deleted and as a result the recovery partition has been damaged. When doing the installation, did you choose UEFI from the BOOT menu when you tried to boot from the drive?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links