Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T101HA
    Liked
    0 times
    Try using the built-in Windows 10 app to determine your storage usage. I have the 64GB version and was able to free up about 25GB of free space being taken up by an "older" version of Windows that was stored under Temporary Files.

Follow these steps:

1. Click Start button
    2. Click Settings button
    3. Select System
    4. Select Storage
    5. Click on "This PC" under Local Storage
    6. Click on "Temporary Files"
    7. Select and "Remove Files" that are not needed

Hope this helps.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T101HA
    Liked
    0 times
    I too have a problem with updates, I have tried micro SD card, 16GB USB drive, even 160GB external hard drive, which fails on restart as windows will not recognize USB port. If you cannot update ,and we are told by Microsoft we should, in order to stay safe, does this not give cause for claim of "not fit for purpose"?

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by adwb View Post
    I have removed all google that I installed and recovered a lot of space but still not enough for the windows 10 update that wants 8 gb !

annoyingly I still keep getting messages that I am running out of memory space and then IE (or edge) closes down even with the spare space on the drive that I now have.

I wonder with this tiny ssd if running on android might not be better?
    Allow us to apologize for the delayed response. Check to see if the steps listed here will assist.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    I too have a problem with updates, I have tried micro SD card, 16GB USB drive, even 160GB external hard drive, which fails on restart as windows will not recognize USB port. If you cannot update ,and we are told by Microsoft we should, in order to stay safe, does this not give cause for claim of "not fit for purpose"?
    Hi newby, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. Try using an OTG adapter and connect the flash drive to it then perform the update. Steps listed is this link may assist with your issue.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T101HA
    Liked
    0 times

Smile Not enough space for windows update

Hi, thanks for link but it did not work for me. I did finally manage to upgrade however by using a 1 Tb external hard drive with just the Windows USB installation tool on it. I had one heart stopping moment when at about 75% it asked for USB to be re-installed and it gave an error message, but after 3 attempts I closed it by clicking X at top right of box and it continued to install. I know have version 1709, build 16299.251. I think I will now find out how to stop this years feature upgrades, as I have no more hair to pull out. Still do not know why SD card would not work though, but that`s Microsoft for you. Thanks for all suggestions and links.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by newby View Post
    Hi, thanks for link but it did not work for me. I did finally manage to upgrade however by using a 1 Tb external hard drive with just the Windows USB installation tool on it. I had one heart stopping moment when at about 75% it asked for USB to be re-installed and it gave an error message, but after 3 attempts I closed it by clicking X at top right of box and it continued to install. I know have version 1709, build 16299.251. I think I will now find out how to stop this years feature upgrades, as I have no more hair to pull out. Still do not know why SD card would not work though, but that`s Microsoft for you. Thanks for all suggestions and links.
    Thank you fro the update. We're happy that you were finally able to get the latest version installed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links