Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Asus_USA

Thread: Lost WiFi looks like hardware any ideas?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    12 times

Lost WiFi looks like hardware any ideas?

I have every 1 to 2 weeks had, "limited function" on my WiFi. Sometimes it just came back, sometimes the windows repair found WiFi disabled and then enabled it again.

Now it's just disappeared. I can't repair it, as windows repair doesn't find it.

I looked in Hardware manager, but there is no WiFi card at all.

It happened while I was having problems pairing a bluetooth device but I don't know if there is any connections.

Any ideas? Or should I just change the WiFi card. What is the part number of the card or a replacement?

EDIT: I just took the backplate off and it looks like there is only one PCB board, no separate WiFi board :-(

EDIT2: While installing a TP-Link WiFi adapter and restarting a few times, my normal WiFi returned!!!!!!
    Last edited by pbekkerh; 09-04-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    Poul

T100TA DK024H - Z3775 - 64Gb
    PNY 128Gb mSD
    BIOS 307 - Win10 Pro

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pbekkerh View Post
    I have every 1 to 2 weeks had, "limited function" on my WiFi. Sometimes it just came back, sometimes the windows repair found WiFi disabled and then enabled it again.

Now it's just disappeared. I can't repair it, as windows repair doesn't find it.

I looked in Hardware manager, but there is no WiFi card at all.

It happened while I was having problems pairing a bluetooth device but I don't know if there is any connections.

Any ideas? Or should I just change the WiFi card. What is the part number of the card or a replacement?

EDIT: I just took the backplate off and it looks like there is only one PCB board, no separate WiFi board :-(

EDIT2: While installing a TP-Link WiFi adapter and restarting a few times, my normal WiFi returned!!!!!!
    Hi pbekkerh, allow us to apologize for the troubles that this has caused and we are happy that your WiFi has started to work again. We're not entirely sure if this issue is software or hardware. However, if you lose connection again please let us know.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    12 times
    Yes, it happened again. Several times I got "limited...." but I could continue by connecting the TP-Link USB WiFi adapter
    Poul

PNY 128Gb mSD
    BIOS 307 - Win10 Pro

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Yes, it happened again. Several times I got "limited...." but I could continue by connecting the TP-Link USB WiFi adapter
    Thank you for the response Poul. We would recommend reinstalling the drivers from our support website here.
    pbekkerh likes this.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    12 times
    Thank you for your effort and time.

I have installed the Broadcom driver. Now let's see.

I also downloaded the audio driver, as I sometimes lose sound but that will have to wait.
    Poul

PNY 128Gb mSD
    BIOS 307 - Win10 Pro

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Thank you for your effort and time.

I have installed the Broadcom driver. Now let's see.

I also downloaded the audio driver, as I sometimes lose sound but that will have to wait.
    That's okay Poul and you are welcome. Please keep us posted.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links