Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times

Keyboard dysfunctional - Keeps spamming letters/Not working correctly

Hello,

I'm currently having problems with my Dock Keyboard Asus T100TA.

It actually is a recurring issue that started like 4 months ago out of nowhere.

Just turned on my laptop one day and the keys started dysfunctioning.

I have never spilled any type of liquids on the keyboard and currently, have not gotten any type of viruses or malware as of late, but did have
    problems before with them.

The keys that are not working are the left/right shift, left/right ctrl, left/right fn, windows key, left/right alt.

The keys that are being spammed are N, ], PgDn key.

I downloaded a program called switch hitter, and it detects which keys are being pushed.

It's showing right now that the keys N, ], PgDn is actually being pushed or held as if someone is holding on it.

I have spent countless days looking on the internet for a solution but could not find anything.

So now as my last resort, I have made an account on here asking questions and looking for the solution.

The weird thing is that this problem actually comes and goes but when it's here, it's really bothersome and annoying.

Any help on this would be very appreciated and if I can't find answers here I will just have to copy paste this on another place that may have a solution as this is urgent.
    Also when I press the space key, the letter N comes out after like if I pressed it next. It also does this when the C key is pressed.

At the moment, the N key seems to be the problem as its spamming while the other usual problematic keys are not.

Finally, when either the left/right shift, left/right ctrl, left/right fn, windows key, left/right alt is pressed, the keyboard stops working in general, like if the keyboard froze. The only way to get out of this is rapidly pressing all the upper keys from all the numbers to the esc and all f1,2 etc keys.

Thanks to anyone that could help!
    Last edited by 7even_; 07-24-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    .... not even Asus themselves know how to solve this?......

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 7even_ View Post
    Hello,

I'm currently having problems with my Dock Keyboard Asus T100TA.

It actually is a recurring issue that started like 4 months ago out of nowhere.

Just turned on my laptop one day and the keys started dysfunctioning.

I have never spilled any type of liquids on the keyboard and currently, have not gotten any type of viruses or malware as of late, but did have
    problems before with them.

The keys that are not working are the left/right shift, left/right ctrl, left/right fn, windows key, left/right alt.

The keys that are being spammed are N, ], PgDn key.

I downloaded a program called switch hitter, and it detects which keys are being pushed.

It's showing right now that the keys N, ], PgDn is actually being pushed or held as if someone is holding on it.

I have spent countless days looking on the internet for a solution but could not find anything.

So now as my last resort, I have made an account on here asking questions and looking for the solution.

The weird thing is that this problem actually comes and goes but when it's here, it's really bothersome and annoying.

Any help on this would be very appreciated and if I can't find answers here I will just have to copy paste this on another place that may have a solution as this is urgent.
    Also when I press the space key, the letter N comes out after like if I pressed it next. It also does this when the C key is pressed.

At the moment, the N key seems to be the problem as its spamming while the other usual problematic keys are not.

Finally, when either the left/right shift, left/right ctrl, left/right fn, windows key, left/right alt is pressed, the keyboard stops working in general, like if the keyboard froze. The only way to get out of this is rapidly pressing all the upper keys from all the numbers to the esc and all f1,2 etc keys.

Thanks to anyone that could help!
    Hi 7even_, allow us to extend our apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused and we'll be happy to help as best as we can. Please check if there are any debris near the docking connectors. Also, this issue could be hardware related and would require repairs. You could reinstall the chipset driver from our support website that has all the core drivers for the T100TA from here - https://www.asus.com/us/support/

If the issue persists then we recommend repairs.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    417 times
    Do you have access to a standard bluetooth keyboard? Perhaps undock your standard keyboard and try using the external BT keyboard.

Does the external BT keyboard work properly? If yes, it's likely a problem with your standard T100 keyboard.
    Rick, loving my T100TA-C1-GR Z3740 64GB Win 10
    BIOS 314. All Windows updates except Bing. All Asus Live Updates. WIFI driver 5.93.99.210
    I get 8-12 hrs use per charge using SLEEP mode. Warning, NEVER calibrate the touchscreen.
    When posting for help, please include Your Model Particulars
    Casters T100 Master Help Guide

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links