Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100HA
    Liked
    0 times

t100ha black screen and blinking lights

Hello all, For the short time my t100ha was working i was very impressed. I bought it second hand from ebay and it was working fine, i even think that i was going into hibernate and everything was fine. while i was getting it setup from the factory reset from the previous owner windows was also doing it thing with updates. I think what happened in the end was that it went into hibernate and then ran out of battery, ever since all i get when i try to turn it on is the light blinks orange and white twice then flashes white maybe 6 times, thats it. It will fully charge, ive tried holding volume down and power, volume up and power, removing the battery and holding the power button for a bit and putting the battery back. doing the same but with the charger before the battery, i just get a blinking orange light if the battery isnt plugged in with the charger.
    Starting to irritate me now as i didnt go for the cheapest on the bay and i didnt even really use it much.

I know i could send it back to asus but for what they will charge me i dont think its worth chucking more money at something that this might happen to again.

Any other suggestion will be gratefully received

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wickermonkey View Post
    Hello all, For the short time my t100ha was working i was very impressed. I bought it second hand from ebay and it was working fine, i even think that i was going into hibernate and everything was fine. while i was getting it setup from the factory reset from the previous owner windows was also doing it thing with updates. I think what happened in the end was that it went into hibernate and then ran out of battery, ever since all i get when i try to turn it on is the light blinks orange and white twice then flashes white maybe 6 times, thats it. It will fully charge, ive tried holding volume down and power, volume up and power, removing the battery and holding the power button for a bit and putting the battery back. doing the same but with the charger before the battery, i just get a blinking orange light if the battery isnt plugged in with the charger.
    Starting to irritate me now as i didnt go for the cheapest on the bay and i didnt even really use it much.

I know i could send it back to asus but for what they will charge me i dont think its worth chucking more money at something that this might happen to again.

Any other suggestion will be gratefully received
    Hi wickermonkey, allow us to extend our apologies about the troubles and we'll be happy to help. Please try the following steps below and let us know the outcome:

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Press and hold down the Power button for about 45 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.

6. Plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

7. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

8. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links