Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times

Issue Projecting to an External Monitor

Hi All,

I have my Transformer T100-TAM connected to an external monitor (Dell UltraSharp U2417H) via micro HDMI to HDMI. The monitor only recognizes my notebook when the power cable is plugged in to the notebook. As soon as I remove the power cable, the main display switches back to my notebook. I've tried different project settings, and they all respond in the same way. I was running Windows 10 32-bit, and went back to Windows 8.1 because I thought that Windows 10 might have been causing the problem. Has anyone else ever come across something like this? I appreciate any help and feedback. Thanks.

Qbenguy

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    152 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbenguy View Post
    Hi All,

I have my Transformer T100-TAM connected to an external monitor (Dell UltraSharp U2417H) via micro HDMI to HDMI. The monitor only recognizes my notebook when the power cable is plugged in to the notebook. As soon as I remove the power cable, the main display switches back to my notebook. I've tried different project settings, and they all respond in the same way. I was running Windows 10 32-bit, and went back to Windows 8.1 because I thought that Windows 10 might have been causing the problem. Has anyone else ever come across something like this? I appreciate any help and feedback. Thanks.

Qbenguy
    Hi Qbenguy, allow us to apologize for the troubles that this has caused. Have you tried changing the power options for the HDMI or for the entire system?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus_USA View Post
    Hi Qbenguy, allow us to apologize for the troubles that this has caused. Have you tried changing the power options for the HDMI or for the entire system?
    Thank you. I appreciate your response, and help. I created a new power plan today, but it doesn't look like it helped. The monitor still doesn't respond without the power cable connected. I may not have created the new plan correctly. Would it be possible for you to walk me through the steps? Or how I can change the power options for the HDMI? Thanks!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    68 times
    ...I have my Transformer T100-TAM connected to an external monitor (Dell UltraSharp U2417H) via micro HDMI to HDMI. The monitor only recognizes my notebook when the power cable is plugged in to the notebook. As soon as I remove the power cable, the main display switches back to my notebook...
    I have same model & mine works without tablet power cable plugged in.
    I have it set to duplicate display.

BTW, your profile says you have a TF Book T100.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
    I have same model & mine works without tablet power cable plugged in.
    I have it set to duplicate display.

BTW, your profile says you have a TF Book T100.
    Hey Rocket_Scientist,

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. I still can't get it to work without the power cable plugged in. Are you also using Windows 8.1? Or did you upgrade to Windows 10? Thanks for the heads up on my profile. I'm about to update that now.

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    152 times
    Hey Rocket_Scientist,

Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. I still can't get it to work without the power cable plugged in. Are you also using Windows 8.1? Or did you upgrade to Windows 10? Thanks for the heads up on my profile. I'm about to update that now.
    It could be a bug within the OS itself. HAve you tried doing a system refresh or reset since you started to experience this issue?
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times
    It could be a bug within the OS itself. HAve you tried doing a system refresh or reset since you started to experience this issue?
    Yes I have. I actually stepped back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 hoping that would solve the issue. Unfortunately it hasn't. Could it be an issue with the battery? Are there any steps that I can take to troubleshoot the battery?

Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    152 times
    Yes I have. I actually stepped back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10 hoping that would solve the issue. Unfortunately it hasn't. Could it be an issue with the battery? Are there any steps that I can take to troubleshoot the battery?
    Thank you for the update. How long does your tablet last on a single charge? When it is charging does it stuck on a specific percentage at any point? Is the battery always recognized by the device?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you for the update. How long does your tablet last on a single charge? When it is charging does it stuck on a specific percentage at any point? Is the battery always recognized by the device?
    You're welcome. Since every time I turn it on I need to have it connected, it's hard to say how long it can hold a charge. But from what I remember it usually holds for approximately 6 hours. I haven't noticed if it gets stuck at a specific percentage, but I'll now keep an eye out for that. Yes, I do see the battery icon on the taskbar.

Could my issue be related to a defective battery? Could it be time to replace my batter? I'm not even sure if that is an option. Thank you for writing, and for your support. With your help I'm hoping we can find a solution.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    68 times
    BatteryInfoView from Nirsoft will show the health of the battery.
    BatteryInfoView - View battery information on laptops / netbooks
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links