Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAF
    Liked
    0 times

T100TAF Factory Reset Gone Awry

Hello far more experience people. =)

I have a ASUS Transformer Book T100TAF that had Windows 10 installed on it. I attempted to do a factory reset through Windows and sometime during this process it just stopped.
    Now whenever I attempt to boot it up it just goes to a black screen and you can "kind of" see a cross hair with a thinking circle when you touch the screen, but no matter how long I leave it, the thing will not complete or bring anything up.

Now using the Power+Vol Up works "sometimes" and when it does and i tell it to do a reset it just goes through the same process of nothing then black screen.

I contacted Asus directly and they directed me to purchase recovery media for $50 plus S&H. With the amount of stuff and people online I am hoping one of you more educated people can assist me in one way or another. =)

-Bahalzamon

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    149 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahalzamon View Post
    Hello far more experience people. =)

I have a ASUS Transformer Book T100TAF that had Windows 10 installed on it. I attempted to do a factory reset through Windows and sometime during this process it just stopped.
    Now whenever I attempt to boot it up it just goes to a black screen and you can "kind of" see a cross hair with a thinking circle when you touch the screen, but no matter how long I leave it, the thing will not complete or bring anything up.

Now using the Power+Vol Up works "sometimes" and when it does and i tell it to do a reset it just goes through the same process of nothing then black screen.

I contacted Asus directly and they directed me to purchase recovery media for $50 plus S&H. With the amount of stuff and people online I am hoping one of you more educated people can assist me in one way or another. =)

-Bahalzamon
    Hi Bahalzamon, allow us to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and we'll be happy to help. Since the device had Windows 10 installed, you can download the specific Windows 10 that it had installed from Microsoft using the Windows Media Creation Tool. This will create a bootable USB drive. Once it is that you did not replace the Motherboard on the device or if you linked a Microsoft Account to your device, the activation will be automatic once you get connected to the internet. All the drivers can then be downloaded and installed from our support website here.
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links