Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    66 times

Meltdown & Spectre BIOS Updates

When does Asus plan to release BIOS update for Meltdown & Spectre?
    Intel has release the microcode.
    https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-conten...e-guidance.pdf
    You can test your computer using this tool: https://www.grc.com/inspectre.htm
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32
    ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download T100TAM

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    dont think they will, and i am having trouble finding the microcrode for the atom z3775 that i have in mine on the intel site they seem to have every thing else

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nullsleep View Post
    dont think they will, and i am having trouble finding the microcrode for the atom z3775 that i have in mine on the intel site they seem to have every thing else
    Intel has released it for production. See CPUID 30678 below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rocket_Scientist; 05-12-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    Asus Transformer T100TAM-C1-GM, Atom Z3775, 2GB-RAM, 64GB eMMC, Win8.1-32 updated to Win10-32

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    to me that means nothing, like i said untill intel relece the new microcode nothing can happen, i have just had a look on intels site and there is no new microcode up there for the z3775 untill that happens you just have to watch what you download

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    66 times
    It means that Asus has what they need to update the BIOS.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Scientist View Post
    It means that Asus has what they need to update the BIOS.
    i dont think asus has it, any way microcode can be updated on boot by windows its self, there is even windows updates that you can install manually to update the microcode for come CPUs which seem to be the ones that intel have on there site, with in linux there is a kernel module that can do that as long as you have the microcode from intel`s site, you can even add the microcode to the bios your self if you know what your doing, so blaming asus for lack of microcode is a bit mean as there is more then one way of updating it, i have email intel my self to find out if this microcode excites and if it does how to get hold of it, not going to hold my breath.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    66 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nullsleep View Post
    1. i dont think asus has it,
    2. microcode can be updated on boot by windows its self, there is even windows updates that you can install manually to update the microcode for come CPUs which seem to be the ones that intel have on there site, with in linux there is a kernel module that can do that as long as you have the microcode from intel`s site,
    3. you can even add the microcode to the bios your self if you know what your doing, so blaming asus for lack of microcode is a bit mean as there is more then one way of updating it....
    1. you don't know that.
    2. Yes it can, if Microsoft and/or Linux incorporates it into an update. If you had the microcode from Intel, would you know what to do with it?
    3. Very few users are able to modify the BIOS without bricking it.

InSpectre Results for T100TAM
    Downloaded & installed this & nothing changed.
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...1855b849cf.msu

Not on this list. It appears that Intel has released it, but Microsoft hasn't included it yet for Spectre.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4100347
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rocket_Scientist; 05-21-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    1. you don't know that.
    2. Yes it can, if Microsoft and/or Linux incorporates it into an update. If you had the microcode from Intel, would you know what to do with it?
    3. Very few users are able to modify the BIOS without bricking it.

InSpectre Results for T100TAM
    Downloaded & installed this & nothing changed.
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...1855b849cf.msu

Not on this list. It appears that Intel has released it, but Microsoft hasn't included it yet for Spectre.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4100347
    1: i never said i did, Intel claim (yes claim as i have yet to see the microcode) to have patched it, if we belave this to be the case then asus are dragging there heals on it, could be cos these laptop/tablets are getting old now, but i am going by the fact intel have not inculcated it in there microcode downloads on there site, there is a few cpus missing from it even tho intel claim there is an update

2: with in windows you can use the VMware driver to load the microcode or use windows update (as you have seen the cpu in these laptops is not in the windows update so leads me to believe intel is withholding it) and in linux there is a module to load so long as the microcode for your CPU is present.

3: if you want to go the BIOS route then you will need to DUMP it insert the code, AMI BIOS have got a spot in them for microcode and with the right tools that you can get on the net you can insert the code and flash it back, boom, not really apart of this but i have mine fully unlocked so i have more options then what i need, in fact i think most are not needed on this laptop, hell i have even played around with 64bit UEFI altho a bit buggy
    IMG_20180522_164829.jpg

i have been looking around at other systems that use the atom z3775 cpu and i cant find a single one with the microcode update.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TAM
    Liked
    66 times
    Link to microcode availability
    Only see T101HA & T102HA on the list.
    Expect further delays.
    On May 21, 2018 Google Project Zero (GPZ), Microsoft, and Intel disclosed two new chip vulnerabilities that are related to the Spectre and Meltdown issues that are known as Speculative Store Bypass (SSB) and Rogue System Registry Read.

The last time I looked for unlocked & 64-bit BIOS, it was still in development. Now it is gone (i.e., VOLTGROUND).
    Last edited by Rocket_Scientist; 05-23-2018 at 05:08 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    0 times
    Link to microcode availability
    Only see T101HA & T102HA on the list.
    Expect further delays.
    On May 21, 2018 Google Project Zero (GPZ), Microsoft, and Intel disclosed two new chip vulnerabilities that are related to the Spectre and Meltdown issues that are known as Speculative Store Bypass (SSB) and Rogue System Registry Read.

The last time I looked for unlocked & 64-bit BIOS, it was still in development. Now it is gone (i.e., VOLTGROUND).
    it was a big shame and loss when they closed down but i dont blame the guy that was running it. wonder if there is a mirror out there some where with all that information?

will have to download the bios for them and see if i can pull the microcode from them

i have unlocked it my self, as for the 64bit that is me messing about to get it working, just need to get time to find out why it will only boot some times and others it behaves like it has been bricked.

EDIT:
    just looked at the t101ha and t102ha and both have newer CPUs the t101ha has a Intel« Cherry Trail Quad-Core Z8350 and t102ha has a Intel« Atom™ x5 Processor (found from the asus site), so not the same microcode damn
    Last edited by nullsleep; 05-23-2018 at 07:38 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links